GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The filler door on my 2019 Denali will not lock. How do I trouble shoot this issue?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't think they do lock TBH. Won't lock or won't close properly?

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
It doesn't lock on the XT5, either, though there's another issue if the fuel door won't latch. It shouldn't take much troubleshooting skill to figure out the latch is broken.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The filler door on my 2019 Denali will not lock. How do I trouble shoot this issue?
My 2019 has no fuel fill door latch or lock. Check your Owners Manual.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wondered if it locked until recently. So I went out to my car with no keys, push on filler door, opens.

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
My 2019 has no fuel fill door latch or lock. Check your Owners Manual.
The fuel door has a spring-loaded system which holds the door tight to the body while driving. If yours doesn't work, you better think about getting it fixed.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
The fuel door has a spring-loaded system which holds the door tight to the body while driving. If yours doesn't work, you better think about getting it fixed.
Mine works fine . Sorry you may have misunderstood. There is no "latch " or "lock" which is what It seems the OP was asking about.

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
Mine works fine . Sorry you may have misunderstood. There is no "latch " or "lock" which is what It seems the OP was asking about.
Then "misunderstanding" rests with you!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
If there is a concern that the fuel door might get tampered with at some point or you wish to have a bit more protection from car washes, dust/dirt, rain or snow entry, there are a couple things some have used for capless fuel fill doors.
GM sells a locking gas cap for Silverado (it fits many GM brands), but it is easily twisted off without the key say those who bought it.
Also, some have used a 2" rubber plumbing cap from home supply or hardware stores that fits snugly over the fuel fill orifice.

Both, will at least make for a pause for anyone seeking to vandalize or other mischief plus keep out foreign material a bit better. The rubber cap is especially good at keeping dust, water, ice or snow from depositing on the lip of the capless fill port.

Gas Cap 2.jpg Gas Cap 1.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts