GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've been trying to get my playstation/xbox to play on the rear DVD and it does not work. I select rear aux but it will only play on the in-dash display, unless of-course I'm in drive. Even in park it does not play on the rear screen. Is there something wrong with it? Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. DVD's play fine on both the front and rear displays. The controls in the rear do not have a selection for video.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
gr00veNYC said:
Guys,

I've been trying to get my playstation/xbox to play on the rear DVD and it does not work. I select rear aux but it will only play on the in-dash display, unless of-course I'm in drive. Even in park it does not play on the rear screen. Is there something wrong with it? Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. DVD's play fine on both the front and rear displays. The controls in the rear do not have a selection for video.
Is there a selection on the remote? I will have to check when I get back to my Acadia.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Maybe a dumb question but do you have it wired properly?

Make sure you are using Composit (Red, Yellow, White) cables because that's all the Factory system will accept. Also make sure you are using the Composit outputs on the Xbox, because the component will not work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
On the remote control, for the rear screen is a "AUX" button. Push the AUX button and that will swtich the monitor to show the Playstation or what ever is plugged into it in the rear imputs....the AUX button is kinda like pressing the "Video" button as you described in your post


Hope that helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a dumb question at all. Yes, it's definitely wired right because it plays on the front dvd display with sound (but only in park).

i was really wondering if anyone has even tried plugging in their game consoles, portable movie players, etc... into the rear aux and have it play on the rear dvd display. i can't find anywhere on the forum where someone has done it and it worked.

has it worked for anyone?
johnway said:
gr00veNYC said:
Guys,

I've been trying to get my playstation/xbox to play on the rear DVD and it does not work. I select rear aux but it will only play on the in-dash display, unless of-course I'm in drive. Even in park it does not play on the rear screen. Is there something wrong with it? Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. DVD's play fine on both the front and rear displays. The controls in the rear do not have a selection for video.
Is there a selection on the remote? I will have to check when I get back to my Acadia.
I didn't know there was a remote. I have the wireless headphones. Where would the remote be? Actually, my wife and I just picked up our Acadia 2 weeks ago and I'm just exploring it now. [/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I plugged a VCR into my rear console and it played video. I actually had trouble getting the audio to play over the car speakers. I was in the backseat and couldn't get to the front console though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
gr00veNYC said:
Not a dumb question at all. Yes, it's definitely wired right because it plays on the front dvd display with sound (but only in park).

i was really wondering if anyone has even tried plugging in their game consoles, portable movie players, etc... into the rear aux and have it play on the rear dvd display. i can't find anywhere on the forum where someone has done it and it worked.

has it worked for anyone?
johnway said:
gr00veNYC said:
Guys,

I've been trying to get my playstation/xbox to play on the rear DVD and it does not work. I select rear aux but it will only play on the in-dash display, unless of-course I'm in drive. Even in park it does not play on the rear screen. Is there something wrong with it? Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. DVD's play fine on both the front and rear displays. The controls in the rear do not have a selection for video.
Is there a selection on the remote? I will have to check when I get back to my Acadia.
I didn't know there was a remote. I have the wireless headphones. Where would the remote be? Actually, my wife and I just picked up our Acadia 2 weeks ago and I'm just exploring it now. [/color]
My remote was in the compartment in the rear cargo area (under the floor) it was in a cardboard box like the headphones. If you did not get one you should have one, see your dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys are the best! I tried it as soon as I got home from work. Yeah... there was a remote in the box with the headphones. I didn't see that. Even if I knew it was there I wouldn't even think of using it to switch inputs on the rear display. Works great!!

What if I lost the remote? I guess there wouldn't be a way to change what I'm watching on the Rear display? Why couldn't they just put an extra option on the rear controls?? All good!! I still love my Acadia. Now if it only had bluetooth......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
gr00veNYC said:
You guys are the best! I tried it as soon as I got home from work. Yeah... there was a remote in the box with the headphones. I didn't see that. Even if I knew it was there I wouldn't even think of using it to switch inputs on the rear display. Works great!!

What if I lost the remote? I guess there wouldn't be a way to change what I'm watching on the Rear display? Why couldn't they just put an extra option on the rear controls?? All good!! I still love my Acadia. Now if it only had bluetooth......
great question.... hopes GM listens...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Dude, this was giving me a hell of a time. Couldn't figure it out. DVD player plays on the rear screen, and Aux video and audio play on the front screen . . . So now that I tried the AUX button, everything is good. I had to show the guys at the dealership how to do it. Not even they knew how to do this. Also not in the manual. Thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
gr00veNYC said:
You guys are the best! I tried it as soon as I got home from work. Yeah... there was a remote in the box with the headphones. I didn't see that. Even if I knew it was there I wouldn't even think of using it to switch inputs on the rear display. Works great!!

What if I lost the remote? I guess there wouldn't be a way to change what I'm watching on the Rear display? Why couldn't they just put an extra option on the rear controls?? All good!! I still love my Acadia. Now if it only had bluetooth......
Ok this is what I am having trouble with in my 2012 Acadia Denali. I used the Aux button on the back of the middle console controls. Is the aux button on the remote different????? I have been getting pissed about this really bad because I can't figure it out. I hope one of you are still on here that can help. I guess I'll see if I can find a used remote because I purchased a used Acadia.

Wish I had Bluetooth also......and I wish I could figure out how to stream Netflix to the rear dvd screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Does anyone have any idea why a game would play on the front monitor and not the back monitor ? The game is plugged into the RCA ports? Please help I am getting so frustrated.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top