GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have followed the steps in the manual several times and I can't get the memory seat recall to work as it should. Any suggestions?

I already have done the relearn key active/press and hold lock and unlock buttons at the same time until it beeps, but still won't go back to the pre-set position after ignition turn off and turn back on. It does go back for the easy exit part but wont return to the pre-selected position. Thanks for any help on this.

Dan

·
Registered
492 Posts
So you have the 2 buttons on the door? And pressing either one or the open on the key flob will not make the seat remember it's setting?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I understand what you are describing.........This specific feature can be turned on/off in the DIC (easy exit is a separate on/off setting) and works by using the remote, not the key.  When I hit my remote to unlock, the seat runs to position 2 which is set on the door button.  The wife's remote, of course, is tied to numero uno.  Seat position recall is not specific to the keys but to the individual remotes.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Racefla said:
So you have the 2 buttons on the door? And pressing either one or the open on the key flob will not make the seat remember it's setting?
No I was under the impression that you press both the lock and unlock buttons on the fob.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JimDandy said:
If I understand what you are describing.........This specific feature can be turned on/off in the DIC and works by using the remote, not the key. When I hit my remote to unlock, the seat runs to position 2 which is set on the door button. The wife, of course, is numero uno. Seat position recall is not specific to the keys but to the individual remotes.
Okay I will try it that way. I was under the impression that when you shift into park the seat goes back for easy exit. Then when you put the key back in the ignition and power up the seat is supposed to re-position it to the pre designated location for position one.

I'll go back out and try it the way you describe it.

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay JimDandy- You are the winner. Thanks!!!!

All is good now.

Dan

I love this forum!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great.  Already fought that battle.  Early on the wife had the remote which was tied to my seat position.  Took me a couple of hours to figure out why the seat was always way back when she entered the vehicle even though I had turned off easy exit and she was last to drive it.  I'm much taller than she.  Swapping remotes was an easy solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts