GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I have about 30 miles into a 2008 Acadia and ready to pull my hair out. Long story short, I was trying to get the DVD player to work. The top CD media slot kept giving a "disc error" message no matter what DVD I tried. I tried a DVD movie in the media slot behind the navigation faceplate and got no result either. Now for the stupid part. Thinking that perhaps you need to reverse the disc I inserted the DVD movie label down in the media slot behind the faceplate. Now I cannot get the faceplate to flip down. It simply makes those strange noises and does nothing when I push the eject map disc button.

Does anyone know if there is a manual release to allow the navigation faceplate to flip down? If I can get this fixed I will start to work on why I could not get the DVD player to work in the first place.

I now know the DVD movie needs to play in the external top media slot and that the media slot behind the faceplate is for the map discs only. A little late obviously, but if I can get to the eject button behind the faceplate I am hopeful the disc will come out.

Thanks for any insight / info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To follow up on this story I had read somewhere on here about a similar incident with the top media slot and how you had to eject it while it was not attempting to read the disc. Figuring that the faceplate was not ejecting because it was perpetually trying to read the label side of the disc I turned off the car and upon ignition immediately went about trying to eject. I am happy to report that it worked and I was able to get the faceplate flipped down before the system started to read the disc. A quick push of eject and the disc was out.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum & thanks for posting the answer to the problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts