·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Impressive; now if that was only real it would be cool :sosad:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How else can they get it to read 187 MPH? :confused: It even sounds like they are moving.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
How else can they get it to read 187 MPH? :confused: It even sounds like they are moving.
Put it on a dino; you'll get most of the noise; I thought it was suspicious because you don't see anything higher than the DIC speed limit message. The only thing that makes me wonder is the gauge is cal'd for km/hr so this is probably one of our friends from overseas.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's still 116.2 MPH. I thought that they shut off @ 108 or 110 MPH ???

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
6Sixathome said:
That's still 116.2 MPH. I thought that they shut off @ 108 or 110 MPH ???
Not sure; maybe it's an 09 with DI; I still don't believe it, but then again my sweety doesn't go above the posted limit

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Pedal to the floor down hill maybe.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe it was getting pulled behind a vette ;D

·
Registered
912 Posts
I had our 09 over 165KPH on the 401 a week ago.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Ya, its gotta be different overseas. There was a post awhile back from someone in Dubai who drove to Saudia Arabia. He averaged 105 to 110 the whole way (at 22mpg). I think he said the limit was 118. Anyway, its definitely more then the 105 we are stuck with.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DSNY FN said:
Was that all it had ???

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
jsimms said:
Impressive; now if that was only real it would be cool :sosad:
To me it seems like it could be very real. 116 mph is really not that fast for the power and drive train of the Acadia and the Acadia has a very low drag coefficient as well.

It seems like that readout on the speed limit was real and my guess is that the car was being run, but given that they did not show any view out the window, it is also very likely in this video that they were on a dyno, but I also think the Acadia is way able to go that fast.

·
Registered
912 Posts
6Sixathome said:
DSNY FN said:
Was that all it had ???
No it still had some in reserve but at 165KPH I don't want that ticket or the lost liscence LOL.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I clocked 170kph last summer in one of California highways. I don't remember the highway but there's a lot of oil rigs. :beer:

·
Registered
752 Posts
[/quote]
No it still had some in reserve but at 165KPH I don't want that ticket or the lost liscence LOL.
[/quote]

In the CarandDriver road test from March 07, it topped out in 6th gear at 109 at 3300 RPM[/color]. Since it can hit 6800rpm. I would think it would have a lot left!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Once ya hit 165k on the 401, ya might as well hit 185, it's not gonna make any difference to the OPP. :thumb:
Man, the 401 is a hwy of contrasts...you spend so much time parked on it in some places and yet you can go 165k on it in others!

DSNY FN said:
6Sixathome said:
DSNY FN said:
Was that all it had ???

·
Registered
912 Posts
Your not kidding between London and Windsor it is generally desolate and even up to the KW Guelph area but as soon as you hit the Halton area it becomes a parking lot most of the time.

maritimer said:
Once ya hit 165k on the 401, ya might as well hit 185, it's not gonna make any difference to the OPP. :thumb:
Man, the 401 is a hwy of contrasts...you spend so much time parked on it in some places and yet you can go 165k on it in others!

DSNY FN said:
6Sixathome said:
DSNY FN said:
Was that all it had ???

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've gotten out to around 100mph or so... but not cruisied any hotter than about 90. At +/-90mph, the Acadia seems a LOT happier than our 4cyl Honda Accord at similar speed, doesn't seem to work nearly as hard to do it.

Of course, that was in the outer reaches of Texas. Here in NC, they take their speeding way seriously, so 15 over is reckless driving if you get tagged. None for me thanks.

I miss Texas.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I imagine it's the 6 speed that allows the Acadia to run comfortable at higher speeds

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How fast can the Cadillac go with the DI 3.6 before it kicks out?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts