GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my lumbar support issue, I'm thinking about asking them to replace the seats with upgraded 8 way driver and 4 way passenger seats. Anyone have any ideas on cost, possibilities, etc?

Seat controls: driver, eight-way power-adjustable with power recline, lumbar support and memory
Seat controls: front passenger, four-way power-adjustable with power recline and lumbar support

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am in total agreement with you. I actually chose this vehicle based on the ride, comfort, and back support. I am disabled due to back problems and spine compression. I no longer even use the lumbar as it moves on its own and is painfull when unexpected. I too would be very interested in the upgraded slt2 seats if that resolves the lumbar. I can't imagine a problem other than I expect it to be very expensive. I am scheduled to have dealer do a number of warranty items and they will try to fix it again. If not fixed it may become an argument for the better lumbar. Time will tell. Just my two cent worth.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard from anyone...my lumbar broke again today for the third time...I'm wild! :angryfire: My passenger seat lumbar broke about two months ago. What a POS!

·
Registered
380 Posts
As a SLT2 owner with the best seats you can buy in an Acadia, my advice is don't bother upgrading, the lumbar is a POS and not half as good a my old Crown Vic seats!
If you need good seats, start looking at a trade in, I am beginning to think about it :banghead:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the automatic lumbar in the SLT2 seats works...that's what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It works but it is very minimal to say the very least. The Suburban has a huge lumbar support that really expands and fills in my lower back region. The Acadia is small and minimal when fully expanded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts