GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the only option my Acadia does not have that I want, but I have a feeling it's not possible unless it is built in with the car at assembly time.
Thanks,
Pipes

·
Registered
360 Posts
Corvette folks are adding HUD...I am not to sure how difficult it is to add it to the Acadia's though...

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
While we didn't ask about HUD, we had the same issue w/ the power liftgate (only missing option we wanted). The dealer said it could NOT be added after the fact. I'm guessing the HUD couldn't either, except possibly as a true aftermarket mod, as Adam mentioned.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had to have the HUD unit in my Grand Prix replaced under warranty. It sits in a hole cut in the top of the dash in front of the driver, and the controls were mounted in a knock-out in the dash. Doesn't look like a big problem to install the physical unit, but the actual electrical interface might be a problem. Check with your dealers service dept. Good luck! I really like mine. After market might also be an option.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I really don't think it would be practical to add the factory HUD after leaving the factory--would require at least replacing the dash--big labor charge I'm sure.

I checked Ebay and they do have after market ones as well as some out of Corvettes and Pontiacs.

The most interesting one I found was from GM Hughes DataVision--they sell retail (lots of new ones on Ebay) for $316.

I copied a couple photos of one for bid--looks like it is installed on a Chevy Trailblazer.

Personnally it looks like something Jeff Foxworthy might have in one of his skits.

See below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Now that's just downright goofy! LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
That would be rather annoying to have that big box on the ceiling. Looks interesting though

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had a 1999 pontiac gran prix with the hud, had the windshield replaced and it was a special windshield with special embedded gold stuff for the hud. Don't know if acadia is like this or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts