GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 SLT-1 Red Jewel. It has the express down power window, but not the express up window. I really liked that feature on my Honda van, and wish I still had it. Can that feature be added after purchase?

Tracy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is it possible to just replace the window switch module on the drivers door? It seems like that feature might be built into it? I prefer not using after market parts if possible, the integration is just never as nice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is a feature that can be programmed, it's in the manual. If I remember right, you hold your window up bottom for 2 seconds after the window is to the top and that sets it. This can be done on both front doors.

If your battery gets disconnected you will have to program this feature back in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well now that I look at the date on this post I would hope that after 9 months this problem has been solved. :banghead:

·
Registered
15 Posts
It can be programmed in? I thought it was just the SLT-2 that came with it standard. I figured it was part of the switch that controlled that. Where in the manual is this?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I saw this post and got excited to get express up, but then after trying it and looking into it, I am sure it is an option only available on the SLT2.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Why would you want an express up? I'd probably get something caught in it on accident knowing me. Sometimes I find the express-down convenient and other times, irritating because I didn't want the window all the way down.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
So when it is raining, and I want to throw out my trash, I can get my hands back on the wheel as quickly as possible so I can focus on illegally passing the guy going too slow because he cannot drive when it is raining. (just kidding about the trash)

Actually, as I go through the toll gates or to the money machines, etc. It would be kinda nice to just push the button once and get back to driving. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
Actually, as I go through the toll gates or to the money machines, etc. It would be kinda nice to just push the button once and get back to driving. :)
I could see where that would be a time the feature would be convenient. However, having an I-Pass in my dash compartment, I just blow through those tolls and don't look back. ;)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Web Raven said:
GAR said:
I could see where that would be a time the feature would be convenient. However, having an I-Pass in my dash compartment, I just blow through those tolls and don't look back. ;)
I have EZpass for MD, PA, VA, NY, etc, but it won't work when going to Ohio. :(

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
Web Raven said:
GAR said:
I have EZpass for MD, PA, VA, NY, etc, but it won't work when going to Ohio. :(
So um, you just blow through the toll anyway. ::) j/k of course.

Chalk one up for a reason to have the express up feature. But I can still see where it would probably irritate me more than benefit me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
clean97z said:
It can be programmed in? I thought it was just the SLT-2 that came with it standard. I figured it was part of the switch that controlled that. Where in the manual is this?
Yes you can turn it off if you don't like. Well I don't know if it is just for the SLT-2's or not but the express up works on both the drivers and passangers front windows! :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
An old thread here, but it covers my question about adding Express Up feature to the Acadia.
Looking at getting a 2011 SLT1, but would like to have the express up capability of the SLT2.

Any ideas other than the after market?

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
IIRC, express up is a BCM function which would require a trip to the dealer for programming, can someone double check me on that one

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I concur reprogramming will be needed!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts