GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're headed to the Outer Banks this summer. I need to know if my awd Acadia can make it 9 miles down the beach and over a dune to the house. Anyone been there, done that? I had my wrangler last year with no problems, of course, but this is a bit more suburban a vehicle. Thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I wouldn't think hardpack would be a problem, but soft or deep sand would be another matter. This is not an off road vehicle at all and I wouldn't take it in soft or deep sand.

·
Super Moderator
21,788 Posts
Be careful on the dune. The sand might not be packed there and could cause you some problems. I've seen 4-wd vehicles bogged down in dunes - it's not a pretty sight! :eek:

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
chrisg said:
Did you take the Acadia and make it?
the original poster- is 3 months shy of being 3 yrs since she last logged on.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Also missing some cards in the deck... it's illegal to drive over the dunes!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Murdock said:
Also missing some cards in the deck... it's illegal to drive over the dunes!
Not at the spot referred to. There's a neighborhood up there with sand roads that's only accessed from the beach. There are cut out areas to go over the dune area.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
tiffanym said:
We're headed to the Outer Banks this summer. I need to know if my awd Acadia can make it 9 miles down the beach and over a dune to the house. Anyone been there, done that? I had my wrangler last year with no problems, of course, but this is a bit more suburban a vehicle. Thanks!
Regardless of traction I would not take any of my good vehicles onto a beach. Salt is not good for them and you will never get it thoroughly rinsed out.

George

1 - 8 of 8 Posts