GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIN #1GKKNRLS0MZ163362

the sticker says 'reissue'.... i want to know more about that...

THANKS

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
Sorry. You'll have to get a local GM dealer to do that for you. Our member with GMVIS access left the forum many, many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Interesting, let us know what the dealer says.
It pulls up City Caddy Buick GMC in Long Island.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2019 GMC Canyon Denali 2016 Corvette Stingray
17 Posts
From what I have read "reissue" means the sticker has been reissued and not the VIN.
Umm, my newly built Acadia Denali (built Tuesday) has the same thing on the window sticker.

-Dan
Screenshot (23).png

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Sometimes on the production line, glitched occur or a vehicle ID gets out of sequence for any number of reasons. I've seen it occur years ago in final assembly where reissues occurred.
Then window stickers had to be replaced or new ones applied.

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
From what I have read "reissue" means the sticker has been reissued and not the VIN.
Could be something simple as a dealer exchange.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Dealer's don't issue revised window stickers. It requires a special printer and software in order to keep GM vehicle records and warranty status correct. At least. . .. the last I am aware of.

·
Super Moderator
21,114 Posts
I didn't say the dealer printed the sticker. A lot of that record keeping most often goes through the corporation.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Many port operations, like AMPORTS, that install accessories, repair transit damage, etc. can reprint Monroney (window) stickers. I wrote the software that prints the stickers so I know a bit about the process.

As an aside, many buyers would be amazed at how many vehicles have panel/paint repairs on their shiny, brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Many port operations, like AMPORTS, that install accessories, repair transit damage, etc. can reprint Monroney (window) stickers. I wrote the software that prints the stickers so I know a bit about the process.

As an aside, many buyers would be amazed at how many vehicles have panel/paint repairs on their shiny, brand new vehicle.

Assembly plants have complete body, repair and paint departments. I would not be surprised.
Many would also be surprised about how new vehicles on dealer lots have also had dents, dings and even whole panels repainted from unloading mishaps to lot jockeys playing NASCAR or just careless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts