GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from the factory or wherever on the transmission recall? We take our acadia in Friday and the onlything our service person can find is the air bag sensor recall.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Make sure to also ask about 07073. I just received this one this morning. It has something to do with an additional calibration of the transmission. Text from the email I got this morning:

SVC UPD-INVENT/CUST VEH-IMPROVED TRANS CONTROL CALS **EXPIRES BASE WARRANTY**

Good luck!

·
Registered
185 Posts
tje2628 said:
Make sure to also ask about 07073. I just received this one this morning. It has something to do with an additional calibration of the transmission. Text from the email I got this morning:

SVC UPD-INVENT/CUST VEH-IMPROVED TRANS CONTROL CALS **EXPIRES BASE WARRANTY**

Good luck!
ugh. the pains of being early adopters ::)

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Expires base warranty?!? What the heck does that mean? Getting that update expires our warranty? Not getting it? This is the first I've hard of this. I just took mine in last Friday and the newest update was 07058, no mention of 07073 - any idea how they differ?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
admin said:
Expires base warranty?!? What the heck does that mean? Getting that update expires our warranty? Not getting it? This is the first I've hard of this. I just took mine in last Friday and the newest update was 07058, no mention of 07073 - any idea how they differ?
I think it means they will apply the fix at any time you request it during the base warranty period, but that your "right" to receive it at no cost expires when the warranty expires. This means it is not a true "recall" agreed to by GM with the federal government. True "recalls" do not expire.

Kelly

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Ahh, well that makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up. tje2628 - Did the email give any more details about the differences between 07058 and 07073? If you had 058, is 073 still needed/offer further improvement? that one is not listed on mygmlink.com for me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I called my dealer and asked about the 7058 & 7073 recall as I have Saturday off & could make the trip.

He Asked "Where are you finding this stuff" ???

I told him The Acadia Fourm ;D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe 7058 is the transmission re-program and 7073 addresses a number of issues (at least on the Outlook):

Power Memory Seat control module wire harness re-route
Test power-lift gate control (presumably this may be affected by the re-route of the wire harness)
Check and lubricate intermediate steering shaft boot (which is good, as I think mine is thumping)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts