GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if there is a way to control the rear air without having to twist halfway around and try to push the right buttons on the rear panel? It's such a pain to put the air on for the kids that way! Any tips??!! Help! :-[

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am assuming you have a fully loaded SLT based on your signature (it does not say SLT but fully loaded) with the electronicn climate controls - you can control the rear climate when the Aux button is pressed the only limitation is the rear would be set the same as the front passengers - by touching one of the rear buttons you are shutting off the control from the front and sending to the rear controls.

From the manual (page 212):

Rear Air Conditioning and
Heating System and Electronic
Climate Controls
If your vehicle has this rear climate control system
there are rear seat audio controls located in the
center console.
The rear system can be controlled through the
AUX button on the front climate control pane[/color]l.
Press the AUX button to turn the rear climate
control system on or off. An indicator light near
the AUX button comes on when the rear climate
control system is on. The direction, temperature,
and speed of the airflow for the rear of the vehicle
will be the same as those set for the front of the
vehicle.
Use the controls located in the rear of the front
console, to independently control the air flow
for the rear of the vehicle separately from that
of the front of the vehicle.[/color] To turn the system on,
press any of the rear air conditioning control
buttons. To turn the system off, press and hold
the* button.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU! I'll go give it a try!

·
Registered
681 Posts
By the way, the "*" figure in my response is supposed to be the fan icon with the down arrow on the rear control panel, there is not a asterisk button on the rear control panel ;D Cannot copy icons from the manual. :banghead:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Another interesting tidbit to add with reference to controlling the other zones:

If the passenger side temp is set at a different temp and you want to make it the same as the driver. Press the PASS button to turn it off and then again to turn in on. The temp will default to what the driver side is set to.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
As stated below. If I push the Aux button to turn the light in the Aux button on, the rear controls will now be set to match the driver's settings. If I push the Aux button again, the light goes out and the rear heating/cooling is now totally off.

From what I see, the thing that you cannot tell from the front, is when the rear passenger takes over control. If they change the temp, fan speed, etc., then they have now taken control and it will no longer be the same as the driver. But the Aux light stays on and the driver can't really tell if they have taken control or not. So if I want to make sure the rear is in sync, I just turn the Aux off and then back on so that I know the rear has my setting.

I do wish that there was a way to control the rear settings from the front and not just turn it on/off. This would come in handy on those days when the kids are all the way in the back and want a temp different than what I have set as the driver. As of now, we have to turn around and push the buttons on the back of the center console.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, please don't think I'm dumb, but yes, I really did go in my car and see if there was a button with a * on it. :eek:hno: Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks for the passenger button info too. I've been confused with all of that. I will feel much better with knowing I can set the back to match the front. My kids like to sit in the way back and they never complain of being too hot, but when I pull them out, they have had sweat dripping down their faces!!! I'm like, "You have to tell mommy that you're hot!" I had no idea the air wasn't on!! So now I will just set it and leave it. Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Had my Acadia since Sept 07...never turned the rear heat/AC on until my kids were sweating in the back on our way to Hilton Head a few weeks back. I felt so bad...none of them ever complained. I even read my manual back in September...might be time for a refresher.

·
Registered
112 Posts
OK, My "kids" are 4 retired racing greyhounds. One of them has figured out that when it is too cold in the back, he/she (I don't know which one) "noses" the ceiling vents closed. Who says you can't teach a old dog new tricks!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Now that is funny!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts