GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking this idea around for a while since my area (Atlanta to Tampa) GMC dealers either:
1) Can't order a 2009 SLT2 with cooled seats/ can't get prices, or
2) Are priced like $1,400 over invoice, or
3) Want to give me $2,000 under wholesale for my trade (in effect making the deal $2K+ over invoice).

I have made them all aware that vehicles have been ordered with the options I want, one has been delivered (bseemore) in IL for $100 over invoice, and several more are on the way. This has not influenced their deals at all.

Some other members here have ordered at $0~100 over invoice, inclusive of all fees and add-on money. I'm thinking this may be the way to go, but I need to find out if it is possible to do this and have the vehicle delivered to my local dealer. My logical brain :-\ says since I am paying a destination fee, it can go anywhere in the lower 48 for the same price. If not, I'd have to pay to have it shipped here.

My less than logical brain >:D says buy from out of state & let the others know they lost a sale due to their inability to make an easy sale.

Any experience with doing this? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
624 Posts
I don't think you could buy out of state and have delivered to your local dealer, thereby getting out of paying an additional transport fee. But there is nothing that says you can't order/buy from any dealer you want to and then pay a nominal delivery fee to have it delivered via insured motor carrier to your front door. I know many people who do this buying used vehicles off of Ebay Motors or Cars.com, etc. Another option would be to drive and pick it up. Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what my logical side tells me. So now the trick is to find a dealer that CAN and WILL order at invoice and is not on the other end/side of the country! GAR in MD has one, and he is looking into this for me. We did just what you spoke of with our current Durango- it came from Columbus Ohio (at 4AM :() and even with the transport fee we saved several hundred dollars vs one a local dealer had with higher miles. The dealer wouldn't budge on the price & was way under trade-in on our trade. Deja vu!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Both of my Vipers and my Commander were ordered out of state. The selling dealer even had me pay Michigan state sales tax to them which was a bonus because I didnt have to deal with that at the DVM when I titled the cars in Michigan. Some dealers may not let you pay your state sales tax to them in that case you would do that when you titled the car in your state.

Reliable Carriers (thee offical Viper carrier) charged me $350.00 from Roanoake Ill. to Detroit. I saved a ton on all 3 vehicles.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moot point now, I ordered in Jacksonville FL.

:eek:fftopic: But who cares- it's my thread!
Vipers? As in 20+ cylinders and 12+ forward gears? Hubba-hubba-hubba! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts