GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted they thought the interior carpet was no longer black (or very dark)... any insiders or 2008 owners know this to be true? We got titanium leather on order, I actually like the dark carpet...

Thanks,
Heather

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 08 should be in today! I have the titanium interior so I should know real soon!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
You're right. Our 08 Gold Mist with Titanium interior has titanium carpet. I was not expecting it to be that way but I like it a lot. Maybe it's just because of that particular color combo. Curious to find out if anyone else has the titanium interior on an 08 and what color their carpet is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you load some really clear pictures of it for us? I'm disappointed, I really like that dark color, I wonder if its something we can request? I know ours hasn't been built yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine just came in was so excited when I looked at this morning didn't even notice the color of the carpet. I will check on my way home from work and let you know. I really didn't notice it was different so I'm going out on a limb here and saying its the same as last year.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Agreed...shows a ton of dirt, however won't show stains...I had "gray" in my Yukon and it showed stains, but not as much dirt...Keep the dust buster handy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love the black.... Our Accord had black carpets and I spilled a large Dr. Pepper on the floor, and you could not tell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just saw an 08 enclave with titanium interior, the carpet was gray. Pretty much the exact same shade as the seats. I guess I could live with it, but I'd rather have something more medium tone, darker than the seats themselves, but doesn't have to be black. Wondering if the acadia is the same.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also saw a Red Jewel today at the dealer's. It had the Titanium leather and the carpet was also titanium. It is the same shade as the seats. The floor mats are also Titanium. Must be an overall change in the 08's. As for pictures of our 08 with the Titanium carpet, we have still not been able to take delivery due to the Conquest Cash issue. It is also now in the body shop as it somehow got a nice gash in the rear lift gate while sitting at the dealer waiting for the Incentive issue to be resolved. Very frustrating. I'm now told that there may not be an answer until after plant shutdown which is all this week and next week. We're some very unhappy campers at this point. If anyone else is trying to take or has taken delivery on their 08 let me know if you are having any better luck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wow, based on the last couple posts it sounds like the carpet has gone from darker than I'd like to lighter than I'd like. :banghead:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MuddyZ, i bet you're on a glorious vacation, but if you're reading this can you tell us if its possible to order the titanium leather but still get dark carpeting and dark trim? or are we just at the mercy of GMC?

I'm trying to decide if it bothers me enough to cancel my order and go with the 2007 model still on the lot at the jerk dealer. Having this major of an interior change with no notice and no options is really bothersome to me. That dark trim and dark carpet with light seats is part of the appeal for us. Maybe I can get over it, but for almost $40,000 I should be able to get what I want.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Titanium Interior now has the lighter titanium carpet. I just got back from the dealer and its definitely changed from last year. I would rather have it darker but it does look nice ... though it is new. I try to keep up with the up with the interior so I hope it looks as good in a few years.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sounds like a set of all-weather mats will definitely be a good idea for the winter. I wonder if this carpet color is the same or different than the carpet in the Outlook's gray interior combination? Perhaps not, since the gray seats in the Outlook are definitely darker than the light titanium seats in the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
loach said:
Sounds like a set of all-weather mats will definitely be a good idea for the winter. I wonder if this carpet color is the same or different than the carpet in the Outlook's gray interior combination? Perhaps not, since the gray seats in the Outlook are definitely darker than the light titanium seats in the Acadia.
I'm going to correct my previous post. The gray seats in the Outlook appear to be the same as the light titanium Acadia seats. Found some good pics of the Outlook's gray interior on the Outlook sister site. I think you will need to register with that site to view them, but here's the link:

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=43.msg96#msg96

P.S. The carpet does look pretty light, but it's definitely darker than the seats and console trim.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't figure out why a tan interior isn't offered. It would go great with a lot of the exterior colors.

I was pretty shocked when I ordered a Gold Mist exterior with tan interior and the salesman said there was no tan. Had to settle for titanium and I don't think it goes well with the Gold Mist. Not to mention all the black surfaces particularly the dash. It really heats up here in Texas - black just makes it worse.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love the lighter carpet with the Titanium seats, BUT..... it doesn't seem very practical with kids involved. So, I'm thinking of changing my interior color.

Has anyone seen the Ebony interior in an '08. Has it changed from the '07's???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts