GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone has these in pics so I thought I would post them. Sorry was getting late, so bad pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like them alot they really give it a little more 'bling' with the chrome on the sides.... but that is not what I baught them for... My 2 young sons have already used them as steps, so I guess it was the right extra to get.

Thanks

crew

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice :thumb:i'm planning also to put an assist steps on my acadia.there great because of the chrome :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
20 Posts
they are gmc assists step right?did you order them from the dealer or from gmc direct parts?because on gmc direct parts the price is (if i'm right)$469 something,the priceon the dealer is $550.

·
Registered
20 Posts
crew_138 where did you order your assists step and how much?coz when i go to gmpartsdirect.com is it the same assist step that you have in your car?I'm a little confused because when i compare the pictures it seems different.thanks a lot crew_138.I like your assist step :thumb: avalon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I baught them through the dealer... they are the ones on the GMC website. While I did look at some from other places a bit cheaper... I thought having it done through GMC and getting it under warranty was worth the extra bones.

Plus I am completely an amatuer when it comes to do-it-yourself with cars and especially on a brand new car (first).

-crew

·
Registered
812 Posts
Congrats!!! another Carbon black owner!!! :welcome:

·
Registered
20 Posts
crew_138 thanks a lot.I'll wait for the parts number to be posted. :blob: avalon

·
Registered
148 Posts
You need to get those jokers at the dealership to remove their friggin logo off the tailgate. I can't believe these people do this. They stick a friggin stick on the brand new paint, a **** advertisement for all to stare at. Who in the world would want that on their car? They should remove it, and seal your paint for you, and make sure they don't scratch anything in the removal of that stupid thing. That really pisses me off.

Is there any metal flake in the carbon black? Or is it just pure black?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didnt notice it... b...tards.

I will get it removed... and the paint has a flake in it I think maybe silver in the black... really nice looking close up.

I called the parts the other day but it was to late... so i'll find out the # on monday.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very sharp looking, Congrats! I haven't seen the Carbon yet, it's a beauty. I too would like the runner boards they look great in the pictures, but I want to try them out before spending the money. The dealership was going to call me when they had an Acadia with them so I could go to see it, but that was eight months ago. Guess they forgot or don't really care about selling them to me.
Lee

·
Registered
56 Posts
The minute we got home with our new Acadia my husband immediately took the dealer sticker off and changed the license plate holders with dealer name. If they would like to pay us to advertise for them then I would be happy to leave it on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my assist steps at https://www.1stgmcparts.com They were a few more $ than at gmcaccessoriesstore.com but the shipping was MUCH cheaper.

Took about 1.5hrs to install with simple tools. Took an hour to get the parts out, lined up and to get the frist one on, the second only took about 30 min to install.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts