GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....

First post here. Waiting for my my 2009 SLT2 in Blue Metallic to arrive. Sometime next week....the suspense is killing me as I am anxiously awaiting my new (to me anyways) Acadia. We use Enterprise Fleet leasing here at work and was able to find a 2009 with 15,000 miles for 26500....with the miles I drive I always let someone else take the major hit on depreciation.

Anyways, I am fairly religious with taking my cars to the dealer and letting them do the recommended maintenance. I put 120,000 miles on my Honda Ridgeline without one repair beyond regularly scheduled maintenance. I was wondering if there are any others who typically drive 30,000-35,000 miles a year and how their Acadia's are holding up. Any issues beyond the normal routine maintenance?

I really love the look of the whole Lamda series and find all of them to be stylish vehicles. I really believe it comes down to design for todays car buying dollars and GM definitely hit a home run....(there wasn't a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ford/Mercury product I would have considered).

Thanks in advance for your help and I have really enjoyed reading through the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Gunner said:
I was wondering if there are any others who typically drive 30,000-35,000 miles a year and how their Acadia's are holding up. Any issues beyond the normal routine maintenance?
I have 54,000 miles on my 2007 Acadia SLE. 26 months of driving. So, not quite as many miles as you're talking, but still above-average.

Other than recall items (trans flashes, wipers) and scheduled maintenance, my Acadia has been a reliable vehicle. The few things that have gone wrong have been covered by warranty (power steering pump, transmission seal and now the exhaust camshaft actuator solenoid).

As for normal wear and tear, it's holding up well. I think I might have to replace the tires by the end of the year, but given the mileage, that's not out of the ordinary.

Congrats on your purchase! Blue Metallic is an awesome color, especially when the sun hits it. :thumb: Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome also... great color choice IMO ;). Sounds like a great deal on a less than a year old vehicle seeing as how an SLT2 was over $40K new.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Like Web Raven, not quite the numbers you are talking about... I have 40,000 in 23 months on my '07 SLT-2. Routine maintenance, a couple of recalls, no other issues. I, too, figure on tires by the 50,000 mark next fall. Welcome & Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mine turned two this month. I have 54,000 and drove about 30,000 miles the first year. I haven't had any problems except getting new tires at the year mark. This set had one with a defect, but the other three look to be able to go over the 30,000 mark (thank goodness!) Once in a while I get a little rattle which is fixed with a push or a hit. The driver's seat looks a little smushed, but still looks new.

I have really enjoyed this car. It is perfect for what it is, a kid hauler in my case. If I feel a need for speed, I grab the keys for the G and get a little fix.

Congrats on your purchase! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have to amend my original reply on this... today I found out that the solenoid was not the answer to the check engine light coming on. In fact, they are not sure what it is yet other than it seems to be an internal engine problem. They are pulling the engine this weekend.

But, being as mine is an '07 and yours is an '09 with a completely different engine, this wouldn't affect you anyways. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Holy Pete, pulling the engine? That sux!

·
Registered
84 Posts
LOL i opened this thread hoping to see some good news sunshine and so forth about how many people have high miles without any problems. Starting to see a trend here. Are these seriously "problem vehicles".... just bought an 09 slt-1 new 5 days ago. Starting to regret it after reading these forums.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My '08 is 20 months old and has 57,800 miles on it with no problems other than the trans flash. Still riding on original tires. It never sleeps. Sometime I wonder why we turn the engine off. ;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
105,000 miles this morning on my 2007 SLE purchased in February 2007. Tires every 30K, all the recalls, and routine maintenance. Overall a good car, but not my overall favorite.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Gunner said:
Hi all....

First post here. Waiting for my my 2009 SLT2 in Blue Metallic to arrive. Sometime next week....the suspense is killing me as I am anxiously awaiting my new (to me anyways) Acadia. We use Enterprise Fleet leasing here at work and was able to find a 2009 with 15,000 miles for 26500....with the miles I drive I always let someone else take the major hit on depreciation.

Anyways, I am fairly religious with taking my cars to the dealer and letting them do the recommended maintenance. I put 120,000 miles on my Honda Ridgeline without one repair beyond regularly scheduled maintenance. I was wondering if there are any others who typically drive 30,000-35,000 miles a year and how their Acadia's are holding up. Any issues beyond the normal routine maintenance?

I really love the look of the whole Lamda series and find all of them to be stylish vehicles. I really believe it comes down to design for todays car buying dollars and GM definitely hit a home run....(there wasn't a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ford/Mercury product I would have considered).

Thanks in advance for your help and I have really enjoyed reading through the forum.
Hi,

I have an 08' that I picked up in Nov 08' with 8800 miles on it....I now have 26500 on it...I haven't had any big problems so far...just did the oil changes and a tire rotation. I have taken it to the dealership once for the oil in the tube to the air filter housing, but they said they didn't find anything. So will know more after the next oil change. My husband manages the oil change place that I go to in Lansing, MI so I know it's done right.

Love my car....it doesn't seem to be sitting much either...my neice & nephew love the DVD player and always want to ride with me.... ;D

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
heavy said:
105,000 miles this morning on my 2007 SLE purchased in February 2007. Tires every 30K, all the recalls, and routine maintenance. Overall a good car, but not my overall favorite.
Perhaps the first I've heard of with over 100K. How is the tranny performing after 100K and how often have you done tranny fluid changes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
110,000 miles and the transmission lost reverse and 2nd gear. $4k and two weeks and I now have a Gm certified rebuilt trans with a 100k warranty.
Now the steering wheel squeaks every time I turn it and they are telling me I need a new rack.
Oh well.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
heavy said:
110,000 miles and the transmission lost reverse and 2nd gear. $4k and two weeks and I now have a Gm certified rebuilt trans with a 100k warranty.
Now the steering wheel squeaks every time I turn it and they are telling me I need a new rack.
Oh well.
Just a question; did you ever have the trans fluid changed before you lost gears?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
heavy said:
Oh well.
Wow, sorry to hear you had to fork out $$ for that repair. :eek:hno: It's nice to know what I have to look forward to on my SLE that was also purchased in early 2007 (March). :banghead: I know I know, likelihood that mine would have the same thing happen is probably slim to none, but still. While I love my Acadia, I don't have much confidence in it's longevity.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Holy, Moly, I hope my drive train holds up and if went out at 105K with 100K warranty, I sure would have the dealer and area rep involved to try and make right at no charge to me. If I had to put $4,000 into repair...........Good bye Acadia.....IMO. Now I wonder if these 6 speeds will hold up. WOW!

·
Registered
84 Posts
heavy said:
Oh well.
i know you said you have had all the recalls, but did you also have all the tranny program updates done.. just asking since they're not necessarily considered recalls by everyone b/c technically they're not recalled. ??

It's something that i've wondered. I know there are a couple posters here that feel the tranny flashes were unnecessary b/c the tranny behaved perfectly to them. That is great, But, i do wonder if these same people have considered the possibility that the improvements may increase the longevity of the tranny. Obviously you could put a computer program in this car that would ruin the tranny by shifting erratically and incorrectly .... i know the original tranny programming wasn't actually that bad, but eliminating the unusual or unnecessary shifting.. with a newer improved algorithim, which GM says is indeed an improvement ... would probably be better for the tranny, wouldn't it? Mine had delayed and harsh shifts, that would send the tach revving, was a "busy" shifting, and had tach bouncing issues, and seemed to hold gears more on coasting than it does now since the update. It seems like the tranny isn't working nearly as hard, and isn't having near the amount of stress and jumping that it used to have. So, sorry to get off-topic to some degree, but i'd think its likely to live longer now. Wondering what the rest of you think?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
jiggly said:
i know you said you have had all the recalls, but did you also have all the tranny program updates done.. just asking since they're not necessarily considered recalls by everyone b/c technically they're not recalled. ??

It's something that i've wondered. I know there are a couple posters here that feel the tranny flashes were unnecessary b/c the tranny behaved perfectly to them. That is great, But, i do wonder if these same people have considered the possibility that the improvements may increase the longevity of the tranny. Obviously you could put a computer program in this car that would ruin the tranny by shifting erratically and incorrectly .... i know the original tranny programming wasn't actually that bad, but eliminating the unusual or unnecessary shifting.. with a newer improved algorithim, which GM says is indeed an improvement ... would probably be better for the tranny, wouldn't it? Mine had delayed and harsh shifts, that would send the tach revving, was a "busy" shifting, and had tach bouncing issues, and seemed to hold gears more on coasting than it does now since the update. It seems like the tranny isn't working nearly as hard, and isn't having near the amount of stress and jumping that it used to have. So, sorry to get off-topic to some degree, but i'd think its likely to live longer now. Wondering what the rest of you think?
I would agree; the flashes certainly couldn't hurt the tranny and hopefully will allow the tranny to run longer

·
Registered
20 Posts
We have 41k miles on an 08. Its been into the GMC dealers (numerous ones, as they all keep going out of business) many many times. Its been in 7 times for leaking, 3 times for brake problems, the tailgate piston broke completely off, the airbag light was going on, the trans decided to die, parts of the dash fell off, and numerous other items.

Not the new car experience I was hoping for

1 - 20 of 63 Posts