GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I received a call from the GM Lansing Plant where the Acadia is assembled.

The first words the lady (Stephanie) said were "We want to thank you for purchasing your GMC Acadia". She also asked if I was happy with the Acadia, whether I had questions, complaints, praises, etc.

I told her we loved the car.

I also told her that: "Most of my questions have been answered on the Acadia Forum which has provided a wealth of information".

We spoke about 5 minutes and she ended with a very sincere "thank you again for purchasing your Acadia".

She said to please let them know if I have any questions or concerns in the future and reminded me that I could reach the GMC Adadia folks at 1-800-GMC-8782 (462-8782) 1-800-GMC-8583 (462-8583)--the numbers are also on page 522 of the Owners Manual.

This Acadia was my 54th car. I've bought GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Porsche, Mercedes, Acura, and BMW automobiles--this call was a first for me--another pleasant surprise with the Acadia!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I received that same call from "David" a little over a week ago. After the quick questionaire, we talked just a bit and I told him they had an AWESOME vehicle on their hands and that we loved ours. He said "Oh we sure do! They let each of us drive one around for a week to get to know it and it was the nicest thing I've ever driven!" lol

It never even crossed my mind to tell him about this site! When others get the call, feel free to pass on that info ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I haven't gotta a call and I've owned the car for 2 months.

that's it. I'm buying a Honda!

all kidding aside, that's a great gesture :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
You're not alone. I didn't get a call either. But I certainly will mention this forum if they do call! :thumb:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pelle31 said:

Pelle31,

Did you answer the phone??

Like the lady who prayed "Lord I've been praying for months that You would let me win the lottery".
A voice came out of the sky saying "Lady, work with me, buy a lottery ticket".

You've got to be home and answer the phone!!

Just harrasing you a bit . . smile!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
002 said:
Pelle31 said:

Pelle31,

Did you answer the phone??

Like the lady who prayed "Lord I've been praying for months that You would let me win the lottery".
A voice came out of the sky saying "Lady, work with me, buy a lottery ticket".

You've got to be home and answer the phone!!

Just harrasing you a bit . . smile!!

hehe yeah. even when I'm home I don't answer the phone so odds are not good that GM or anyone else would ever reach me :angel:

Besides, they could call me up and say all sortsa mean things to me, it would never make me buy a Honda :cheers:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Wonder what the approximate time frame is from your Acadia purchase to getting the phone call? 002, Admin?
Admin's was bought off the lot, was 002's ordered?

I suspect this call won't happen until the VIN moves from the dealer to owner in GM's system. My dealer told me it would take up to 4 weeks and the MyGMLink website says 4-6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Hmm, we bought ours on Feb 2nd, registered on mygmlink probably 2 weeks later (around the 15th) and I think our call was around march 8th-10th(?). So that would be a little more than 5 weeks after purchase and just under 4 weeks from registering on mygmlink.com - not sure which of these two events triggers the call.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Wonder what the approximate time frame is from your Acadia purchase to getting the phone call? 002, Admin?

I suspect this call won't happen until the VIN moves from the dealer to owner in GM's system. My dealer told me it would take up to 4 weeks and the MyGMLink website says 4-6 weeks.
I orderd the Acadia 4 Jan, delivered 12 Feb, and got call on 16 Mar.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:

I took delivery on 2/28 and my vin went in yesterday. I was checking every other day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gloves. That is what impressed me.

I looked in the tool compartment in the rear that contains the jack and tire iron.

Back there was a plastic bag with something made of fabric.

On closer inspection, I found non-slip gripper gloves there for my convenience in case I ever have to change a tire.

How thoughtful!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stephane called me last night from the GM Lansing Plant. I took delivery of my Acadia on 2/15. I told her that I had already heard about her. She was surprised and asked where I had heard about her. I told her that she was mentioned on the Acadia Forum. She was very nice to talk to. She said that the Assembly Plant wanted to thank me for purchasing the Acadia. :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
sheridanw said:
Gloves. That is what impressed me.

I looked in the tool compartment in the rear that contains the jack and tire iron.

Back there was a plastic bag with something made of fabric.

On closer inspection, I found non-slip gripper gloves there for my convenience in case I ever have to change a tire.

How thoughtful!
We had actually discussed this in another topic! read all about it here: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=204.0

·
Registered
24 Posts
We got our call yesterday. Very pleasant lady and really appreciative for us buying an Acadia. She asked about any problems we had and my wife mentioned the exhaust rust and the transmission recalibration that doesn't seem to have worked. She said to take it back to the dealer and make them get the tranny recalibration right and also have them inspect the rust. She told us to call them if we had any problems doing this or with any problems in the future. They're trying hard and it's pretty impressive.

BTW, we took delivery of our Acadia on 2/19, so it's about a month before the call comes.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
OK, so quite a few of us have now had this call. I wanted to ask long time GM owners, is this standard procedure for other GM vehicles? I didn't get a call from my Infiniti plant thanking me for buying a G35 ;) In all seriousness, it's quite impressive!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Frankly, it is nice, but I suspect the purpose of the calls is to ensure there are no recurring issues that they need to address on the production line as part of their quality control program (not like that is a bad thing!)

But, we are the "guinea pigs", so to speak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
admin said:
OK, so quite a few of us have now had this call. I wanted to ask long time GM owners, is this standard procedure for other GM vehicles? I didn't get a call from my Infiniti plant thanking me for buying a G35 ;) In all seriousness, it's quite impressive!
I believe they do this for Cadillacs built in Lansing (CTS, STS, SRX). I also got a call from Saturn many, many moons ago. That's a different kind of car, though. ;)

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Owned an '02 Envoy (picked up 10/01) and now the Acadia (took delivery 3/15) and didn't get a call on either. I also owned several Explorers and I never got a call from Ford either. I'm starting to get a complex!!! :(

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got mine March 18th and got the call maybe two weeks later. It was built in 11/06, so it's one of the early ones. Maybe those are the ones they expect to have the most problems or maybe just the most history since they've been out there a little longer.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Got my order delivered on Mar 31 and got a call at the latest a month later.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts