GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from General Motors. The person on the other end of the line said they were an employee at the Lansing plant where my Acadia was built and wanted to thank me for purchasing my Acadia and to ask if I've had any problems. It definitely didn't appear to be your normal "survey" type of call where they have a script and ask you a set of pre-defined questions.

I let him know of my concerns with the transmission programming. After I finished describing the behavior (too agressive in trying to get to a higher gear), he made a comment that I should have asked him to clarify, but didn't before we hung up. I don't recall his exact words, but it gave me the impression that they are aware of this issue and are working to address it. I may have been imposing my wishful thinking onto his words, but anyways, I'm hopeful that maybe they are still trying to see what they can do in this regard.

Has anybody else received a call like that?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Interesting phone call to say the least...it validates to me that GM associates care about there projects and will do what is in there power to make GM world class again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I received a call from a GM engineer on 1/24. He asked me about my overall impression of the Acadia and we talked at length about the "tranny".

Nice to see GM taking enough of an interest to allow engineers to get 1st hand feedback from their customers.

On top of that, on the same day I received a call from the service director at the dealership that I purchased the vehicle. He was following up on a deficient item that I noted in a mail-in survey from a week prior. He informed me that they would be correcting the problem that I pointed out.

Two calls from "GMC" personnel in one day. Kinda cool!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Boy, you really received the royal treatment. Those calls go a long ways to establishing / maintaining customer satisfication. Thanks for sharing. I wonder how many GM employees / designers pour over this forum? They would no doubt receive valuable insight from a lot of "in-tune" owners.

Smooth <><

·
Registered
100 Posts
Funny thing you mentioned about the deficient item on the survey. I did this on one of my surveys and the next trip to the dealership for service I could tell by the look on the guys face that there was something on his computer screen that he didn't want to talk about. The funnier part is that after this service, I have not received another survey in the mail. I guess they only let you give them negative comments once and then they do not value your opinion

·
Registered
812 Posts
JasonM said:
Funny thing you mentioned about the deficient item on the survey. I did this on one of my surveys and the next trip to the dealership for service I could tell by the look on the guys face that there was something on his computer screen that he didn't want to talk about. The funnier part is that after this service, I have not received another survey in the mail. I guess they only let you give them negative comments once and then they do not value your opinion
thats how you handle marketing secrets.... in GM point of view.

·
Registered
164 Posts
There is an option that any service department and not just GM can check to stop surveys from going out to a customer. Also, "hidden" notes can be attached to a service visit that will not appear on the service write up a customer receives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts