GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my calliper i got some round bras washers for the break fluid hose but I have noticed that my origins bras washer has a washer that is different shape does it matter ? I can’t find those anywhere thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
You can probably find one in the correct shape at a walk-in auto parts store. If not, try filing the round washer to the shape of the one originally on the vehicle. Brass is a pretty easy metal to work on with a file.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
You can probably find one in the correct shape at a walk-in auto parts store. If not, try filing the round washer to the shape of the one originally on the vehicle. Brass is a pretty easy metal to work on with a file.
That is my thought. If an exact washer is not available, find a round one that matches, trace the shape needed with a Sharpie and break out the Dremel.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So as dumbo I went to local dealer **** I asked for those washers they give me round ones I was like but the shape dude is like they look like that when crushed

·
Registered
2013 Acadia SLT1 "Andy"
69 Posts
I've done plenty caliper replacements over the past 30 yrs and the brass washer hasn't been the same as the original. It's a crush gasket and I've never noticed a difference in the shape affecting the seal.

So if it was me, I'd just put it on.

My useless $.02 comment.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I keep looking at the OP's pic in zoom mode. It certainly doesn't look like it was ever a round washer.

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
I keep looking at the OP's pic in zoom mode. It certainly doesn't look like it was ever a round washer.
They could be washers used in multiple vehicle applications and the assembler put on whatever was in the parts bin.

Reactions: divotdug
1 - 7 of 7 Posts