GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the colored caliper covers on a 2017 or newer Acadia? I'm thinking about doing this but I'm not sure they re worth the cost at 249.00 for four of them

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
788 Posts
Hadn’t thought about that but did think about the stop tech cross drilled and slotted rotors and pads. Are you looking at a certain color? I’d like to look them up, who makes them? Might have to consider it to complete my new braking set up.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think they're worth the money. I find them kind of tacky, like a stick on hood scoop.

I would opt to paint them. With that being said, I've painted calipers while on the car, and I think it took longer to prep them and mask everything than to remove them and then bleed the system after reinstalling them.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
788 Posts
It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think they're worth the money. I find them kind of tacky, like a stick on hood scoop.

I would opt to paint them. With that being said, I've painted calipers while on the car, and I think it took longer to prep them and mask everything than to remove them and then bleed the system after reinstalling them.
So this is just a cover that slips on over your existing caliper? Guess I should have googled before I responded. Not sure why, now that I think about it, but I was expecting something completely different like a new caliper in a diffferent color. Why the $249 price tag? Shouldn’t a piece of cheap plastic be much cheaper? At any rate, I’ll start a new thread on the rotors and pad I am considering.

·
Registered
187 Posts

They’d look good on the bro-dozer Acadia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
788 Posts
They’d look good on the bro-dozer Acadia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do know that one of those is going to show up here one day!! 🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts