GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the Enclave forum and noticed several posts (opinions) and articles that the Enclave is or will be quieter than the Outlook or the Acadia. Since they are manufactured basically the same is there any truth to this rumor? BTW I think my Outlook is pretty quiet and not a noisy vehicle at all.

·
Registered
405 Posts
yes it is true because the buick has the added feature of quiet tuning which has thicker glass, more noise insalation and a bunch of other stuff that i cant remember.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My dealer had a colored chart with all the added noise reduction features of the Enclave...pretty cool poster.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
All I can say is the Acadia is like a bank vault compared to our Odyssey. That thing has been noisey since we drove it off the lot. Must be Honda's way of keeping the weight down. ::)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have not checked my tire codes yet, trying to determine if I hear "normal" road noise, or my tires. It's not bad compared to our T&C van, or my old Yukon however.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Super quiet here....I look forward to driving an Enclave just to see the difference..

Adam

·
Registered
125 Posts
we've driven the enclave and acadia, and we honestly couldn't tell a difference. I believe the enclave is probably quieter, but it doesn't seem to be enough to matter for us...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Having driven both, I noticed that the Enclave was much quieter at highway speeds, compared to lower in-town speeds.

On a related note, anyone else find that opening just one rear window produces the most annoying wind buffeting effect in the cabin known to mankind?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I tested an Enclave and an Acadia back to back, and I found the Enclave to be a lot quieter than
the Acadia at hghway speeds. At city speeds, I really couldn't tell any difference between the two.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Much quieter than any other car I have owned. Do notice some noise at higher speeds. I think from the tires. No wind whistles or rattles at all though

·
Registered
380 Posts
All I can say is the Acadia is far quieter at 80 mph (and smoother) than any of my Crown Vics, which for me have been great road cars. Given the amount of highway miles I run per year (35K) it is important to me. I would not doubt the Enclave is slightly quieter with thicker glass, etc. but I suspect the normal driver would not hear it-it would take measuring devices to figure it out.
What would be interesting is if anyone has any GM cabin decibal readings at speed for the two? :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts