GMC Acadia Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
I thought TSB #21-NA-142, released 6/30/21, was GM's resolution to the issue.
I think that's correct. I didn't search for it this time, but I remember mention of it. I believe there's also a picture of the document posted along with the mention. I'm tired of doing that kind of search work for others on the forum.

Reactions: divotdug

·
Registered
240 Posts
Brake pads are suffering from the removal of copper on them due to California regulations.

GM has had to change pads more than once on several vehicles. In the case of the ZL1 they stopped selling the. Car till the next model year.

GM is not the only one dealing with this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a TSB regarding the brake pads. My XT5 given to the dealership today to put new pads on the front calipers. Since the platform is shared with other GM vehicles, I’m sure the TSB has broad application.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2021 Acadia Denali Ultimate
42 Posts
My 2021 Denali Ultimate goes in on Wednesday for the new pads. And the infotainment update.

-Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2021 Denali Ultimate goes in on Wednesday for the new pads. And the infotainment update.

-Dan
I have been complaining to my dealer since mile 200 about our denali . they are replacing brake pads tomorrow. (Acadia 2021). Supposedly newly approved fix.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2021 Acadia Denali Ultimate
42 Posts
Same here, the new pads installed, tsb 21-NA-142. The pads are GM part# 85520396 pad kit.
So far no noise.

Also had them do an infotainment system upgrade:
N2023316020 radio software upgrade reprogram radio with SPS (and USB)

-Dan

·
Registered
18 Posts
New 2021SLE grinding intermittent noise when braking..called GM because dealer was clueless. GM gave me a case number and said they are aware and are making new brake pads some time
in June..they say no safety issue..anyone else?
The L/F wheel of my 2021 Acadia Denali makes a grinding/vibration after the first couple of stops. That continues for the next dozen or so stops, then disappears completely. This happens every day I use the vehicle. I'm going to ask the dealer to replace the pads at my first service appointment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. I got in contact with GMC customer service and a few days later the dealer called to say GMC had released replacement brake pads. No noise after replacement so far.(1 week)

·
Registered
27 Posts
The L/F wheel of my 2021 Acadia Denali makes a grinding/vibration after the first couple of stops. That continues for the next dozen or so stops, then disappears completely. This happens every day I use the vehicle. I'm going to ask the dealer to replace the pads at my first service appointment.
Same here. Will be bringing car in soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same here. Will be bringing car in soon.
There's a TSB out for this issue. The brake pads need to be replaced, but they're on back order at my dealership for the past week. Could be waiting a lot longer. You should get the pads on order and have the dealer notify you when they're in stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What doesn't make sense to me is why only only one wheel is making the noise. If the OEM pads are defective, wouldn't both front wheels and/or the rear wheels be doing it also? And why is it that California is constantly screwing up everything for the rest of the country?

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
What doesn't make sense to me is why only only one wheel is making the noise. If the OEM pads are defective, wouldn't both front wheels and/or the rear wheels be doing it also? And why is it that California is constantly screwing up everything for the rest of the country?
Great observation! Front and rear difference is easy to understand. The pad design is different. The rest is a mystery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only explanation I can think of is that GM mixed old stock and new stock on the assembly line.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
The only explanation I can think of is that GM mixed old stock and new stock on the assembly line.
That seems possible. Doubt the supplier provides a "born on" date with their product.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my 2021 SLT acadia in twice for the same issue. My Suv when I brake sounds so loud that I get looks from passer by. I return to my original dealer for them to spray them with something which elimanated the noise for the ride home. I then took it to the chevy dealer up the road and the TEch there explained to me that GM knows about the problem which involves other makes and models. I am now experiencing a parking brake issue as it engages everytime I park now. Has anyone had this issue? My brake petal stiffens and hard to push also.
My 2021 Acadia Denali engages the parking brake every time I park too. With only 900 miles on it, I hear the brakes grinding (front?) for the first few miles of every trip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2021 Acadia Denali engages the parking brake every time I park too. With only 900 miles on it, I hear the brakes grinding (front?) for the first few miles of every trip.
I had the same problem. Have your dealer replace the front brake pads. There is a TSB out on this issue.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts