GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2021 Traverse, same thing. Wifes new car, shes pissed, dealer clueless.
New 2021SLE grinding intermittent noise when braking..called GM because dealer was clueless. GM gave me a case number and said they are aware and are making new brake pads some time
in June..they say no safety issue..anyone else?
We have the 2021 Acadia SLE 2000 miles major intermittent grinding. GMC is aware many customers have complained. I have an apt with dealer in the morning. They say their is a faulty bolt that needs to be replaced. I'll keep people posted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a call. Should have listen to the forum..... GMC is working on the issue no fix is available for the 2021. (As stated by someone on here)
The reason they had us come in is because we also have a 2019 and that was the unit they thought my husband was calling about. The 2019 has an issue with some brake components or something 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️. Go figure the car with no issues ends up being the issue
(if it's not broke don't fix it)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new 2021 AT4 started making buzzy vibrating noise when braking. Its intermittent. My spouse had me get in the passenger side and video the event. It happens twice right away and I got it on video. It then stopped but I’m sure it will resume reminds me of a barbers electric clipper humm or buzz. You can feel a little vibration also. Taking to dealer on Friday.
I’ve noticed this with my 2021 Acadia Denali as well. What did the dealership tell you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently purchased a 2021 Acadia SLT. Have only 1200 Miles on it. Started experiencing random brake noise at about 600 miles. Noise occurs when braking easy or hard. Problem may not occur and then suddenly show up. Took vehicle to dealer and was told GM was aware of the problem but has not issued a service recall or fix. Dealer basically said to live with the problem as there may or may not have a fix coming and certainly had no date. After driving new 2013 and new 2017 Buick Enclaves with no issues, I am flabbergasted that GMC would put a vehicle on the road with these kind of issues. Obviously the design criteria and quality of the Acadia is much lower then the Buick in my opinion. I also have XM radio issues, transmission, and electronic parking brake issues with this vehicle.
I would like to know if other people are experiencing this noisy brake issue.

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
Search the forum with well-selected keywords and you'll find out what some others have said. Then, you can add your situation to the already-established discussion.

·
Registered
2021 Acadia Denali FWD
2 Posts
New 2021SLE grinding intermittent noise when braking..called GM because dealer was clueless. GM gave me a case number and said they are aware and are making new brake pads some time
Same problem I have experienced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't say the dealer is clueless they just blatantly lie about situations they don't want to confront. What confuses me is most and I emphasize most' brake pads are all the same per vehicle. Made out of the same material etc. So unless they bought these pads off the streets to fulfill orders during a pandemic and they don't rightfully work for this vehicle then I don't know what the issue is in replacing them. My point...just be honest. Seriously you have to make a new pad!?!? It's BS... You know what my dealership told me...' oh just drive it a 1000 miles it should go away'. Wtf.. my 40+ thousand dollar vehicle turns heads on the street alright, cause it sounds like a freight train. I I still have to pay!

·
Registered
2021 Acadia Denali FWD
2 Posts
My Acadia has an appointment on Tuesday for this brake issue. My gut tells me what the results will be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apparently there must be multiple complaints. I think some vehicles are worse then others in regards to the brake problem. Mine has never been intermittent it turns heads at stop lights. The dealership sprayed some kind of lubricant and it took the noise away for about 10 miles and lied to me about what they did... I am a loyal gm owner and I guess I'm just more disappointed how there handling. Don't lie!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had my 2021 SLT acadia in twice for the same issue. My Suv when I brake sounds so loud that I get looks from passer by. I return to my original dealer for them to spray them with something which elimanated the noise for the ride home. I then took it to the chevy dealer up the road and the TEch there explained to me that GM knows about the problem which involves other makes and models. I am now experiencing a parking brake issue as it engages everytime I park now. Has anyone had this issue? My brake petal stiffens and hard to push also.
2021 Denali Acadia - Had to have infotainment system update to fix instrument cluster going dark/malfunctioning.Just prior to the update, we noticed the parking brake was on at startup when we had not engaged it. At first, we thought it was because maybe we had not been at a complete stop when actuating the vehicle into Drive...but now we are certain there are times it is activating itself. We have also had the speech recognition propmpt engage a few times without any user inputs...(?). Ghosts in the machine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My parking brake engages 99% of the time. I turn my vehicle on and the it's on dealer said it does it all by itself intermittently. Another thing I just realized is my lane assist is not working not sure how long that's been going on. They tell you just bring it in to look at but my work does not allow me to have multiple times off over and over again so I can continue to go over things with the tech. It leaves me without a car and they get in and drive the car and say it's fine. They couldn't find anything. Attorney is going to be my next step. I just want out of this vehicle so I can stop getting the run around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I work at a shop that has techs and they said the same thing which is understandable so I had them drive my car to run some errands and pick up some parts for our shop. They agree parking brake engaged way to much 3 out of 4 stops and all on flat services. So 'by design'...does this seem ok? I just want a vehicle I feel safe in seems something different happens daily. I just took a trip down south and ended up renting a vehicle which cost me 1000 bucks because I didn't trust my brand new 2021. Frustrating!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
What is the issue with the parking brake auto setting? As soon as you put it in drive or reverse and press the gas pedal it releases.

Hardly worth paying for an attorney.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your going to just pick one point out of multiple conversations and run with it please don't not react to my messages. Attorney is one word and that's all you grabbed. Facts are the vehicle is not working properly. Have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
My parking brake engages 99% of the time. I turn my vehicle on and the it's on dealer said it does it all by itself intermittently. Another thing I just realized is my lane assist is not working not sure how long that's been going on. They tell you just bring it in to look at but my work does not allow me to have multiple times off over and over again so I can continue to go over things with the tech. It leaves me without a car and they get in and drive the car and say it's fine. They couldn't find anything. Attorney is going to be my next step. I just want out of this vehicle so I can stop getting the run around.
I work at a shop that has techs and they said the same thing which is understandable so I had them drive my car to run some errands and pick up some parts for our shop. They agree parking brake engaged way to much 3 out of 4 stops and all on flat services. So 'by design'...does this seem ok? I just want a vehicle I feel safe in seems something different happens daily. I just took a trip down south and ended up renting a vehicle which cost me 1000 bucks because I didn't trust my brand new 2021. Frustrating!
None of what you describe is a detriment to safe operation of the vehicle. Make a list of your concerns and take it with you next time the vehicle is in for maintenance. Be prepared to leave your Acadia at the service center and make arrangements with the advisor for alternate (courtesy) transportation while it's there. Give the service center time needed to observe the condition and make the necessary correction. It's almost guaranteed that a tech will not be able to find an intermittent problem with your vehicle if you're hovering over them. Even the most routine of reprogramming procedures can require hours to perform.

Reactions: Curt R

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
If your going to just pick one point out of multiple conversations and run with it please don't not react to my messages. Attorney is one word and that's all you grabbed. Facts are the vehicle is not working properly. Have a great day!
You have 6 posts either about a parking brake working as intended or about some annoying brake noise. Neither of which is worthy of talking with an attorney.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2021 Acadia Denali Ultimate
42 Posts
I received the tsb today at the dealership for the brake grinding/noise problem. #21-NA-142. Released 6/30.

Dan

·
Super Moderator
22,412 Posts
I received the tsb today at the dealership for the brake grinding/noise problem. #21-NA-142. Released 6/30.
Thanks for the reference number. Couldn't find a link to the text, yet. Guess it's too early since the bulletin is so new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I replace my pads with copper infused pads to eliminate the grinding noise. I live in NC.
2021 Acadia Denali 200 miles.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts