GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2021 AT4 started making buzzy vibrating noise when braking. Its intermittent. My spouse had me get in the passenger side and video the event. It happens twice right away and I got it on video. It then stopped but I’m sure it will resume reminds me of a barbers electric clipper humm or buzz. You can feel a little vibration also. Taking to dealer on Friday.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That is a weird one. Sounds a lot like a bad wheel bearing or tread noise like a low tire would have. The dealer should be able to figure that one out pretty easy. Please let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand new 2021 AT4 started making buzzy vibrating noise when braking. Its intermittent. My spouse had me get in the passenger side and video the event. It happens twice right away and I got it on video. It then stopped but I’m sure it will resume reminds me of a barbers electric clipper humm or buzz. You can feel a little vibration also. Taking to dealer on Friday
What was issue . Same issue I am having. I ly had mine for 3weeks. Same make model and year

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain 2021 Acadia Denali Ultimate
42 Posts
It's probably the brakes, newly mandated brakes/rotors, they eliminated the copper due to environmental reasons, and they make noise, usually until warmed up. Mine sounded like they were metal on metal. For the first 4 or 5 stops. Then goes away. I did a few more high speed braking bed ins. It is much better now. I have 1100 miles.
The Colorado/Canyon forum talks a lot about it on brand new trucks. GM doesn't know what to do yet. I was told by my dealer it should go away by 3 or 4 thousand miles, if not, then they will look into changing rotors or pads maybe.

-Dan

Reactions: Ivar

·
Registered
1 Posts
On vacation a long way from my dealer upstate NY. Picked up the 21 AT4 less then two weeks ago. The brake noise started today with just under 1300 miles on it. Sometimes it's there, sometimes not. I'm is SC so a long drive back has me a little concerned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New 2021SLE grinding intermittent noise when braking..called GM because dealer was clueless. GM gave me a case number and said they are aware and are making new brake pads some time
in June..they say no safety issue..anyone else?

·
Super Moderator
22,398 Posts
Was your dealer "clueless" because they couldn't diagnose the problem on the phone, or did you take your Acadia to their service center?

·
Super Moderator
22,398 Posts
If they issue a TSB for these "new brake pads," please let us know. I can't understand why they would make a change like that since nothing else with respect to chassis and brakes has significantly changed since the C1XX platform was introduced. One would expect brake pads for the 'refreshed' 2020 model would fit the 2021.

·
Super Moderator
22,398 Posts
What is a TSB? Do you want the case # they gave me?
Case number would be useless on this forum. The TSB (technical service bulletin) is a guidance document for a tech to use while resolving certain issues when presented to them on a repair order.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine makes that noise for the first one or two times I use the brakes on each trip. After that the noise disappears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 2021SLE grinding intermittent noise when braking..called GM because dealer was clueless. GM gave me a case number and said they are aware and are making new brake pads some time
in June..they say no safety issue..anyone else?
2021 Traverse, same thing. Wifes new car, shes pissed, dealer clueless.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Mine makes that noise for the first one or two times I use the brakes on each trip. After that the noise disappears.
When you say each trip do you mean the first trip of the day, or every single time you start the vehicle and pull out? If the former, it could be flash rust on the rotors from rain/dampness that gets cleaned off after a few stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was your dealer "clueless" because they couldn't diagnose the problem on the phone, or did you take your Acadia to their service center?
I've had my 2021 SLT acadia in twice for the same issue. My Suv when I brake sounds so loud that I get looks from passer by. I return to my original dealer for them to spray them with something which elimanated the noise for the ride home. I then took it to the chevy dealer up the road and the TEch there explained to me that GM knows about the problem which involves other makes and models. I am now experiencing a parking brake issue as it engages everytime I park now. Has anyone had this issue? My brake petal stiffens and hard to push also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a similar issue with a noise coming from one of the rear brakes. After a couple of trips to the dealership, it was diagnosed with a problem with a backer plate for the brakes.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts