GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 2017 denali and I have noticed the usb ports in the front storage area do not have power to them from time to time. I have an iPhone 8 and sometimes it will show connected and charging and with apple CarPlay working and then other times it doesn't even know the phone is plugged in. When it does not seem to be working it is both ports and not just one.

I have alternated them to test. I end up having to turn the car on and off a few times to get them to work again. And it is not a problem with my phone because I can plug my phone into the usb ports in the rear center console for the backseat and they hook up to my phone and show charging. I also have a usb drive plugged into one of the usb ports in the front at all times with music stored and when this happens the usb device is not even shown as an option in the media.

Has anyone else had problems with the front usb ports, and if so, were you able to get them resolved? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Haven't read anything about others with this problem. How often is "from time to time?" Your dealer's service tech can check to make sure everything is plugged in properly behind the dash and connections there are good. That will probably be their first attempt at a resolution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 denali and I have noticed the usb ports in the front storage area do not have power to them from time to time. I have an iPhone 8 and sometimes it will show connected and charging and with apple CarPlay working and then other times it doesn't even know the phone is plugged in. When it does not seem to be working it is both ports and not just one.

I have alternated them to test. I end up having to turn the car on and off a few times to get them to work again. And it is not a problem with my phone because I can plug my phone into the usb ports in the rear center console for the backseat and they hook up to my phone and show charging. I also have a usb drive plugged into one of the usb ports in the front at all times with music stored and when this happens the usb device is not even shown as an option in the media.

Has anyone else had problems with the front usb ports, and if so, were you able to get them resolved? Thanks!
Hi My 2017 has started to do this as well, did you ever figure out what was causing it?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Hi My 2017 has started to do this as well, did you ever figure out what was causing it?
Start with replacing the cord, with a factory cord.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You Mean an authentic Apple USB Cord?
I've found aftermarket cords do not fare well. They work fine for charging, but not so well with Android Auto/GMC connection.
I had some problems with connections on mine (well... Android Auto simply did not work, could not figure out why), read somewhere to ensure you used a factory cord. Spent a couple $ extra and bought a new one, bam, done. In my case Samsung. Worth a try.

Reactions: Sooner and babs2002
1 - 6 of 6 Posts