GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I was just curious. I'm looking to possibly purchase or lease an Acadia. I'm interested particularly on the 7 Passenger Option in Carbon Black Metalic with Brick Interior. Is this combination available in all models? SLE, SLT, SLT-1 etc. or is it only on the top of the line models? Haven't been to a dealer yet so I have not asked them.

Also, what does 3SA & 4SA stand for?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Re: 7 Seating Option

Well, if you want brick interior... I'm thinking that only comes in leather, which I believe means you have to get an SLT model since SLE is cloth only. (someone chime in and correct me if I'm mistaken).

As for 3SA and 4SA, all Google tells me is they are different packages. I don't know what is contained in each. I bet a search of this forum would bring that up though. I'll try that one next...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the quick reply charlene,
Let's say I don't go for the Brick interior and just stick with the good ole cloth to save some $$$. Is the 7 passenger option available on the SLE?

is there anyone who currently owns this specific Acadia? Carbon Black with Brick interior 7 Passenger? If so how much did you pay?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

The 7 seating is available on all. I do think some one here has the brick and carbon and they said it is beautiful. I have seen the brick and I think it would look nice with the black. Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Yes, you can have 7 passenger in an SLE. That's what I have right now. I love the captain's chairs. I personally think it gives the vehicle a more "open" feeling where with the bench seats, it just seems more closed up in the back. Everyone's opinions differ on this topic.

From what I can tell on GMC's website: 3SA means SLE; 4SA means SLT and 4SB means SLT-1. I'm certain it must have something to do with the standard options that each model comes with before you start adding your own desired options.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

I also wanted to add that if you haven't seen the Brick interior in person yet, do so before making up your mind. In pictures, it looks really nice, but when I saw it up close & personal, I didn't care for it at all. Again, totally a personal preference and everyone's tastes are going to differ. It looked like a basketball color to me and I didn't like the way the titanium and black plastics and carpet meshed with the brick leather. The inside just looked like a confusion of colors to me. LOL That's the best I can describe that. But you might see it and absolutely love it. So don't dismiss it, just go look at it first. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

You are right Web Raven about seeing it in person. I was eh about it, but my husband and kids LOVED it. Now it has grown on me. I hate to say it, but we thought it was a UT color (burnt orange!)

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

ttwins1107 said:
Welcome to the forum, good luck with your purchase.

3SA=SLE[/color]
4SA=SLT1[/color]
4SB=SLT2[/color]
Details of all are below.

From the GMC website http://www.gmc.com/byo/byoSelectSty...ip=75081&year=2009&subModelId=322&modelId=111

SLE-1 3SA MSRP $ 31,685.00 Hide details

Audio system: six-speaker sound system
Brakes: Four-wheel disc antilock
Climate (temperature) control: rear, manual
Climate (temperature) control: single-zone, manual
Engine: 3.6L V6 with Variable Valve Timing and 288 hp and 270 lb.-ft. of torque
Foglamps: halogen
Luggage rack: roof-mounted, side rails, brushed aluminum
Mirrors, outside: power-adjustable, manual-folding, heated, Black
Remote Keyless Entry: extended range programmable, includes two transmitters and panic button
Seat controls: driver, four-way manual-adjustable with manual lumbar support
Seat controls: front passenger, two-way manual
Seating: Premium Cloth
Seating: eight-passenger (2-3-3- seating configuration); Includes front row deluxe buckets, second row 60/40 split-folding bench seat with Smart Slide and third row flat-folding 60/40 bench seat
Steering: power, constant effort
Suspension: Ride and Handling
Tire Pressure Monitoring System: (tire pressure monitoring does not apply to spare tire)
Transmission: six-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive
Wheels: 18- x 7.5-inch, painted-aluminum
Windows: power with driver's Express-Down feature
Wipers: front, intermittent windshield wiper system
Wipers: rear, intermittent with washer
[/color]

SLT-1 4SA MSRP $ 36,045.00 Hide details

Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, FWD SLE features:
Audio controls, rear seat: include volume, station selection and media type and dual headphone jacks (headphones not included)
Audio System: Bose speaker system, includes subwoofer and ten speakers
Bluetooth for Phone: Personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
Climate (temperature) controls: tri-zone, automatic for driver, right-front passenger, second, and third-row passengers
Instrumentation: five-gauge with Enhanced Driver Information Center including eight-point compass feature and outside temperature indicator
Mirror, inside rearview: auto-dimming with eight-point compass
Mirrors, outside: power-adjustable, manual-folding, heated, body-color, include integrated turn-signal indicators
Moldings: body-side, body-color
Preferred Package: includes 6 way power driver seat with manual recline and lumbar control, 2 way power front passenger seat with leather wrapped steering wheel and redundant audio controls. Bluetooth for phone and body color bodyside molding
Seating: seven-passenger (2-2-3 seating configuration), includes front row deluxe buckets, second-row flat-folding captain's chairs with Smart Slide and third-row flat-folding 60/40 bench seat
Seat controls: driver and front passenger, heated
Seat controls: driver, six-way power-adjustable with manual recline and lumbar control
Seating: leather-appointed seats for first and second rows
Steering wheel: leather-wrapped with redundant audio controls
Steering: power, variable effort
Universal Home Remote transmitter: three-channel programmable, integrated garage door opener
Wheels: 18- x 7.5-inch, machined-aluminum
Windows: power with driver's Express-Down feature[/color]

SLT-2 4SB MSRP $ 38,335.00 Hide details

Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, FWD SLT-1 features:
Cargo Convenience Package: includes cargo shade and cargo net
Convenience Package: includes remote start, and heated windshield washer fluid
Liftgate: power, rear
Mirrors, outside: power-adjustable, power-folding, heated, body-color, include integrated turn-signal indicators, driver-side auto-dimming feature and driver-side memory
Outlet: 115-volt, 3-prong, household-style
Seat controls: driver, eight-way power-adjustable with power recline, lumbar support and memory
Seat controls: front passenger, four-way power-adjustable with power recline and lumbar support
Visibility Package: Includes Ultrasonic rear parking assist, rearview camera system and inside rearview mirror with rear camera display
Windows: power with driver and passenger Express-Up/Express-Down feature
Windshield Washer Fluid System: heated
[/color]

ttwins1107 said:
Thanks for the quick reply charlene,
Let's say I don't go for the Brick interior and just stick with the good ole cloth to save some $$$. Is the 7 passenger option available on the SLE?

is there anyone who currently owns this specific Acadia? Carbon Black with Brick interior 7 Passenger? If so how much did you pay?
As Webraven Said, you would not be able to get the Brick interior with the Cloth, You would have to go up to an SLT with leather.
You can get a 7 passenger SLE with cloth. The Capts chairs are standard with the SLT1 and SLT2, and $495 credit if you get the bench.
For the SLE it is $495 extra to get the Capts Chairs instead of the bench.

Here is the price for a 2009 Carbon SLE Cloth 7 passenger base.

Model & Type: (Select New Model ):
Model: 2009 Acadia
Style: :Colors (Modify):
Exterior: Carbon Black Metallic
Interior: Ebony Deluxe Cloth
Options & Packages (Modify):
Engine, , 3.6L SIDI V6, (288 hp [214.7 kW] @ 6300 rpm, 270 lb-ft of torque [364.5 N-m] @ 3400 rpm) NO CHARGE
Option package savings NO CHARGE
Seating, , 7-passenger, (2-2-3 seating configuration) $ 495.00
Transmission, , 6-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive NO CHARGE

PRICING

Base MSRP: $31,685.00
Color & Options Total: $590.00
Total MSRP (Payment Calculator): $32,275.00 [/color]

·
Registered
195 Posts

ttwins1107 said:
Hello all,
I was just curious. I'm looking to possibly purchase or lease an Acadia. I'm interested particularly on the 7 Passenger Option in Carbon Black Metalic with Brick Interior. Is this combination available in all models? SLE, SLT, SLT-1 etc. or is it only on the top of the line models? Haven't been to a dealer yet so I have not asked them.

Thanks!
TT - you can go to numerous sites (e.g., Cars.com, Yahoo, Edmunds) and do a "build your own" for the Acadia. This will give you a real good idea of what you get with each tier, plus MSRP and invoice for everything too.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hi Ttwins,

You can get the SLE with the captains chairs but as I think another has posted it's an extra cost option. I purchased a 08 SLE with titainum (gray) cloth captains chairs a few weeks ago, but it took a little time to find an 08 with the color (jewl red) and the captains chairs options, so the dealer had to get one from about 100 miles away.

The captains chairs I think also make access to the third row more convienent for adults than the bench. Though you do lose the ability to put an infant seat in the middle of the 2nd row as I think you can do with the bench (the LATCH achors appeared to be there for a middle seat install).

Good luck in finding what you're looking for.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Welcome also.

Also welcome to the world of "option steering". What this means is that you are only able to get certain options on certain trim levels. There is of course an extra cost for each trim level over the other. You can in fact get a nicely equipped SLE with overhead DVD and split zone AC, but you can't get cool stuff like the nav radio or HUD. The nav radio can be retro fitted to the vehicle, there are a few good threads here with how to do so.

The easiest way to sort through this mess is to print out the info bonk posted above, or use a sales brochure. Decide what you have to have, and then figure out your trim level based on these choices. If you want the NBA color (sorry, brick- I agree w/ Queen Web's feelings on this color after I saw it), you have already been steered into an SLT1 or higher.

Finally, the stock of 2008 models will be fewer each day since the deal on them is so good. You may not be able to find exactly what you want in your area at this point if it has "unusual" colors or options.

Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

WOW! Thank you all for the replies. I think this has answered my questions re: seating and it's availability on each model, price, color, etc.

Thanks for the feedback on the basketball color interior. I'll definitly look into that before making a final decision.

Thanks to Bonk1313 for posting all the detailed info for me as well.

Now the challenge is finding the Carbon Black with Basketball color interior (Brick). I have not been able to locate this color combination local to me. Any tips on how I can refine my search? I've used Cars.com and the GMC website.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Are you looking for an '08 or an '09? I'd be willing to bet there aren't a whole lot of new 2008's out there with that color combination. You may have to search far & wide for one of those. Where are you located? (If you fill out your location in your profile, it'll show up under your user name in your posts.)

If you're after a 2009, you can just special order that combination. Of course, in order to see the Brick interior in person, you'll have to find at least one Acadia at a dealership that has it. :-\

Okay apparently my helpfulness is worn out today. LOL I'll let someone else take over this one. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

WOW!!! As Bruce Almighty would say. "That is B-E-A-uitful..." I really like the brick color. My wife loves the color tone as well. But we'll see what she says when (IF) we actually get to see it in person.

Thanks again.. I'm going to show this link to the wifey.. In the meanwhile i'm going to keep searching myself.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

When I was first looking for a deep blue 2008, I Googled the exact term "2008 gmc acadia slt1 deep blue". I tried this today with 2008 gmc acadia slt1 carbon black and got several hits that are dealer listings- I didn't look into them to check the interior color. You can tell a dealer listing by looking at the www. part and if there is a dealer name or something like bpg (Buick Pontiac GMC) in there, it is likely a dealer listing. Most will let you see the window sticker from the dealer's website so you can see exactly what options it has. I got several with that term, so I added brick to the end.

I found one in Alaska (AWD) :
http://www.aksalesvalley.com/VehicleDetails/990085654

You can check out the ones via Google, and also use SLT2 vs SLT1, but my thought is you won't find that color scheme very easily. If found at an out of area dealer, you can still buy it but have to pay shipping to get it, which would eat up some of the cost savings over a 2009.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts