GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member here. I am a 17 year veteran stationed overseas and have recently bought a 2008 SLT2 AWD Acadia. I purchased it over the internet/phone/fax! :thumb: After I arrive back in Portland OR I have about one week and then I got to take my family and our Honda Civic (towed) all the way over to Missouri. I got a 3 year old and a 2 year old that I have to take on this trip and by browsing the forums I have gotten some good ideas on what I need. What kind of worries me is:

1. Towing the civic even though I have less than 500 miles on my car
2. Driving less than 55 for 2000 miles
3. I paid the Employee pricing of $40,026 for a $47,100 vehicle, should I have got an 09?
4. Transmission issues, I heard about the update, does the MPG suck?
5. If I have issues with vehicle, will buying in Oregon and living in Missouri matter?
6. Bluetooth upgrade?
7. Convex mirrors upgrade?

I have read all the good and bad here but as I haven't been able to test drive my specific vehicle (i am 5000 miles away), I must say that I still have jitters. I look forward to any input anyone might have on the issue. Thank you!

·
Registered
427 Posts
thenachobro said:
1. Towing the civic even though I have less than 500 miles on my car
2. Driving less than 55 for 2000 miles
3. I paid the Employee pricing of $40,026 for a $47,100 vehicle, should I have got an 09?
4. Transmission issues, I heard about the update, does the MPG suck?
5. If I have issues with vehicle, will buying in Oregon and living in Missouri matter?
6. Bluetooth upgrade?
7. Convex mirrors upgrade?
1. The 500 mile breakin is recommended but not 100% mandatory or so I can tell.
2. The manual suggests doing less than 55 for 500 miles, not 2000. Again, I believe that's a suggestion.
3. The '08 is a great vehicle. The '09s add cooled seats, a new engine and Bluetooth. If those don't matter to you, then the '08 is great. Especially for the price !!
4. No. I haven't had mine flashed yet, and from what I read, it's actually better in some cases. Either way, driving habits make MUCH more of a difference than the changed tranny behavior.
5. Nope. Any issues, you can go to -any- GM dealer. I'd suggest finding your local dealer and getting to know them - maybe have the first oil change done there, etc.
6. No BT on the '08s. That's an '09 feature. My suggestion - if you have a Verizon Wireless account, have your vehicle linked to your Family SharePlan. If not, get a Bluetooth speaker that clips onto the visor (that's what I use in my company car - a Ford Freestyle)
7. No suggestions for you there ... hopefully someone else can help.

Please - get home safely and enjoy the hell out of your Acadia! That's a great shakedown cruise ya got there - OR to MS. Keep us posted!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts