GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help!
2008 AWD SLT-2 with EVERTHING / $44,000 / 7020 miles
Yesterday was 8th time in shop since January. New dash is supposed to be in next week, that will make 9 times in shop. 18 days total time without my car so far.
Three water leaks
Dash has seperated twice
Ambient Temp not working (May 08)
Chimes would not stop
Brake light on
10 / 18 MPG
Spoke to Victoria at GM customer service about buy back. She said GM does not buy back cars from consumers, that it would be strictly between the dealership and myself.
Dealership keeps acting like I'm making a big deal over nothing and they have had no other Acadias with problems
Will somebody give me advice on what to do?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't have any experience with a Buy Back, but make sure you are documenting everything. Every shop visit, every conversation with your dealership, every promise, etc. The more you have documented, the better off you'll be. You're likely already doing this though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you type "Lemon law" in the search portion of this web site you'll find the information that you seek.
Depending on where you live, you'll also need to check the lemon laws of your state as they may vary.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
mrvids said:
If you type "Lemon law" in the search portion of this web site you'll find the information that you seek.
Depending on where you live[/color], you'll also need to check the lemon laws of your state as they may vary.
Exactly. Please post your location in your profile and your vehicle info in your signature so we can better assist you. Click on the link Blues Clues in my signature to see how to do so.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Mississippi Lemon law pasted below;
(3) It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if within the terms, conditions or limitations of the express warranty, or during the period of one (1) year following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to a consumer, whichever expires earlier, either:

(a) Substantially the same nonconformity has been subject to repair three (3) or more times by the manufacturer or its agent and such nonconformity continues to exist; or

(b) The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of the nonconformity by the manufacturer or its agent for a cumulative total of fifteen (15) or more working days, exclusive of downtime for routine maintenance as prescribed by the owner's manual, since the delivery of the vehicle to the consumer. The fifteen-day period may be extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the consumer because of conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agent.

(4) The terms, conditions or limitations of the express warranty, or the period of one (1) year following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to a consumer, whichever expires earlier, may be extended if the motor vehicle warranty problem has been reported but has not been repaired by the manufacturer or its agent by the expiration of the applicable time period.

(5) The manufacturer shall provide a list of the manufacturer's zone or regional service office addresses in the owner's manual provided with the motor vehicle. It shall be the responsibility of the consumer or his representative, prior to availing himself of the provisions of this section, to give written notification to the manufacturer of the need for the repair of the nonconformity, in order to allow the manufacturer an opportunity to cure the alleged defect. The manufacturer shall immediately notify the consumer of a reasonably accessible repair facility to conform the vehicle to the express warranty. After delivery of the vehicle to the designated repair facility by the consumer, the manufacturer shall have ten (10) working days to conform the motor vehicle to the express warranty. Upon notification from the consumer that the vehicle has not been conformed to the express warranty, the manufacturer shall inform the consumer if an informal dispute settlement procedure has been established by the manufacturer in accordance with Section 63-17-163, and provide the consumer with a copy of the provisions of Sections 63-17-151 et seq. However, if prior notice by the manufacturer of an informal dispute settlement procedure has been given, no further notice is required. If the manufacturer fails to notify the consumer of the availability of this informal dispute settlement procedure, the requirements of Section 63-17-163 shall not apply.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:
I called GM again and got a different rep who told me he could take more info and turn my file over for review
for possible re-purchase.
After phone calls back and forth, GM just informed me that although I have been having problems with my Acadia, they were
all cosmetic problems and did not affect the driving of the vehicle so they could not re-purchase the vehicle. They could offer me free oil changes for two years as restitution for my trouble.
The new dashboard is still on backorder , and as far as the Ambient Temp Sensor not working since May 08, GM has still not found a fix for it.
Now I have a new problem to add. The drivers side mirror tilts down in reverse and back up in drive but goes up way to far and I have to reset it.
Another one of those darn cosmetic problems!
By the way, thanks for the advice on the lemon law. The dealership fixed the water leaks on the third try and I missed the 15 day mark by two days.
All the other problems have been one day fixes and don't count....YET!

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Now I have a new problem to add. The drivers side mirror tilts down in reverse and back up in drive but goes up way to far and I have to reset it.
Another one of those darn cosmetic problems!"

That's not a cosmetic problem. I assume it's supposed to revert to it's original position when you put it back in drive. If it isn't doing that, you have some more arguments to be had with your dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.