GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it better to order my Acadia or find something on the lot? Are there any differences between the '07 and '08? I have been looking at this forum a lot lately. I have read about the transmission software problems (the sales guy gave me a blank stare when I mentioned it) and the fact that it seems to be corrected. I understand that I might be waiting a while if I order, but I'd rather wait than have a vehicle that still has some kinks to work out.

Thanks....

·
Registered
125 Posts
You may have answered your own question... my personal opinion was to order an 08 for the same "kinks" reason... in theory though, if you buy an 07 off the lot and get all the TBS and recalls done before going home then you should be up to date with the 08's coming out. that's not to say more glitches won't happen, but its supposed to level the playing field. what you would miss is part of the warranty and the vehicle having all your perfect options (unless you're really lucky or not picky). You also may end up with someone else's lemon... but i doubt there are very many true lemons out there.

Heather

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input. Amazingly enough I did find the Acadia with all of the options I want. However, from what I can tell, the VIN number places this vehicle right in the range of most of the recalls. It seems that there are not that many great deals, so I am leaning towards waiting.

·
Registered
251 Posts
bhpeters said:
what you would miss is part of the warranty.

Heather
How so? The warranty doesn't go into effect until the car is purchased. Regardless of whether the car is a new 08 or an 07 leftover, if it is being titled for the first time it will come with full 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/100 powertrain coverage.

Or am I missing something? ???

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
rudykizuty said:
bhpeters said:
what you would miss is part of the warranty.

Heather
How so? The warranty doesn't go into effect until the car is purchased. Regardless of whether the car is a new 08 or an 07 leftover, if it is being titled for the first time it will come with full 3/36 bumper to bumper and 5/100 powertrain coverage.

Or am I missing something? ???
Unless she was talking about buying a used '07, you're not missing anything. I don't think the original poster is looking at used though, so you are right that warranty would be no different between a new '07 vs. new '08.

·
Registered
18 Posts
and for resale value, if u sell a 07 or 08 in 4 years or 5 from now the 07 is worth less, even tho it has been on the road for the same amount of. time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that the warranty starts at time of driving off the lot. The big question is, do I order or buy off the lot. After reading about the transmission issues and recalls will I save myself any headaches by ordering.

·
Registered
125 Posts
sorry, yes, i was assuming you were buying used. didn't even occur to me that you'd find a new 07 on the lot, as there are NONE around here.

if new 07 then no loss on warranty.

Heather

·
Registered
659 Posts
dpryke said:
I understand that the warranty starts at time of driving off the lot. The big question is, do I order or buy off the lot. After reading about the transmission issues and recalls will I save myself any headaches by ordering.
I think the answer depends on when it was made. If it was made late in the '07 cycle (say manufactured in May or later) it is likely identical in updates to what is being produced as 2008 models. I would look at the plate on the driver's door frame and see how early or late the car was made. My late May car has had absolutely no issues and there were no updates in the computer for it on a recent service check.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Keep in mind also that it is common practice for the manufacturer to fix numerous issues (that owners are not even aware of) with each new model year. These may or may not relate to future problems but at least some of the upgrades are made to leverage out potential warranty repairs and additional expense to GM down the road, based on what they learn during the 1st model year release. Some changes are general improvements that were intended from the models initial inception. Those are merged in over time as the up front design, development, tooling and production startup costs begin to get recouped through sales. Basically, the car keeps getting a little better each year. I always try to get the latest model available when I buy. The only downside is the marginally higher price.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Grab an 08 and keep researching current issues with the car, by now GM must have iron out the problems surrounding the vehicle, and find yourself a decent dealer -- what keep me from buying now (other than the quality issues/recalls) is that theres not enough incentives/rebates to bargain with for a decent price coupled with the dealership take it or leave it attitude in my area which usually happens when theres a great demand for the vehicle... i would say wait a little while. :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
big bear craig said:
I would agree. If you can wait.
:ditto: That's why we went with on '08. That and we wanted the backup camera.

...5 weeks down... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the input. This Saturday is D-Day.

·
Registered
251 Posts
bhpeters said:
sorry, yes, i was assuming you were buying used. didn't even occur to me that you'd find a new 07 on the lot, as there are NONE around here.

Heather
I was just at the my dealer's lot this past Friday in Newark DE. Plenty of 07s there. Seems the distribution varies widely depending on location.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought an 07 a fee weeks back and got an additional $1000 off by getting the 07 instead of the 08. Also, the 08 models as I was told are more expensive (around 1000-1500 more). For me it was a no brainer. On the day that I purchased there were 6 on the lot and they sold 3 of them. I went with the 07 Medium Brown Metallic SLT-2, sunroof, dvd, remote, leather (heated). I just wish it had the trailer package and navigation. I am completely satisfied with my purchase and everywhere I go I am always getting compliments on the vehicle and lots of questions about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rudykizuty said:
bhpeters said:

Heather
I was just at the my dealer's lot this past Friday in Newark DE. Plenty of 07s there. Seems the distribution varies widely depending on location.
My dealer has never had more than 2 Acadias on the lot at a time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts