Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't recall

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After purchasing my Acadia in the end of October, there were several instances when I would get out of the car when parking, and I could smell a burning plasticy odor coming from under the car. I figured there was some coating on the exhaust that was burning off. I had a very hard time finding what it was coming from.

There was a GM part label attached to the muffler, it was literally melting and curling because of the heat that it was exposed to. I am pretty sure that was it, so I scraped the rest of it off one day, but some of the adhesive was left behind, and it still smelled for a couple of more days.
Did anyone else have this problem?
IMO, If anyone is picking up their new Acadia, I would peel off the sticker so that you don't have the same problem, or experience.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, several people (including myself) have reported this problem on the board. There is a thread about it somewhere. It seems to be an issue with something in the exhaust. It will wear off after some driving. Mine went away after about a month. It's no big deal but can be troubling the first few times you smell it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's just the "new" burning off. :thumb:

·
Registered
812 Posts
i thought it was the smell of fresh rubber or my wife put the parking brake on while she was driving ??? plus the incident with the smoke coming out of the grille :eek: made me realize i have a hot car!!!!! ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts