GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a bad experience trying to buy a Saturn Outlook, (dealer wanted to charge me for way to many extra fees). $99 document fee, $79 advertising fee, $1.25 tire tax, $149 to go pickup the vehicle from another dealer and I suspect shorting me on the supplier discount by around $250, ($1100 on a $33000 vehicle). I turned to the GMC Acadia and have found a great dealership more than willing to work with me and not charge me for all the extra's like their competitors. Of course this dealer did not have the vehicle I wanted in stock, SLT 1, red jewel coat, ebony leather interior and so on. We were able to locate one about 2 hours away in Illinois, but this dealer will not let us have it and did not let us know until 4/16 after the supposed 4/13 cutoff date from GM for ordering. We ordered anyway on the morning of the 14th and are still waiting to here back on the possibility of it going through. I don't hold out much hope though. I am a loyal GM purchaser and own 3 of their vehicles now, 99 GP GT, 02 Trailblazer and a 05 GP GT. The Trailblazer is sold if and when I can get the Acadia. It's to bad that with all the problems that GM has, these 2 dealers can't work
something out and take care of a customer ready to buy. It's no wonder that Honda and Toyota are taking over. I know the Acadia is probably the hottest thing that GM has going and they are hard to find in some area's, but I'm running out of patience and am loosing my desire to own one as more and more days go by with no good news. Does anybody have a thought on this subject?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
ticner58 said:
After having a bad experience trying to buy a Saturn Outlook, (dealer wanted to charge me for way to many extra fees). $99 document fee, $79 advertising fee, $1.25 tire tax, $149 to go pickup the vehicle from another dealer and I suspect shorting me on the supplier discount by around $250, ($1100 on a $33000 vehicle). I turned to the GMC Acadia and have found a great dealership more than willing to work with me and not charge me for all the extra's like their competitors. Of course this dealer did not have the vehicle I wanted in stock, SLT 1, red jewel coat, ebony leather interior and so on. We were able to locate one about 2 hours away in Illinois, but this dealer will not let us have it and did not let us know until 4/16 after the supposed 4/13 cutoff date from GM for ordering. We ordered anyway on the morning of the 14th and are still waiting to here back on the possibility of it going through. I don't hold out much hope though. I am a loyal GM purchaser and own 3 of their vehicles now, 99 GP GT, 02 Trailblazer and a 05 GP GT. The Trailblazer is sold if and when I can get the Acadia. It's to bad that with all the problems that GM has, these 2 dealers can't work
something out and take care of a customer ready to buy. It's no wonder that Honda and Toyota are taking over. I know the Acadia is probably the hottest thing that GM has going and they are hard to find in some area's, but I'm running out of patience and am loosing my desire to own one as more and more days go by with no good news. Does anybody have a thought on this subject?
Don't lose hope yet. I too missed the supposed cutoff date but my dealer says he has been approved for 20 more units and can configure them however he wants. So I "ordered" today and we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I hope it works out for you. You are surrounded by tons of people on this site, who either got lucky and found the Acadia they loved at the dealer, or, like most of us had to wait week and weeks to get ours in from the factory. It seems just "normal" at this point!!! I asked my dealer about this cut off of production, and he said it is too soon and not true. Others on this site mentioned June or July before they ready the plant for building the 08's. I hope for your sake, production continues. Keep at it, and don't be afraid to call GM and ask questions, or even call other dealers and feel them out for answers! It worked for me!! ;D

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
What if you call that dealer 2 hours as Joe Schmoe and see what deal HE will give you on the Acadia.

If it is really what you want, is 2 hours that bad of a drive ?!?! Also ,you get the instant gratification.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish that was an option. I'm a ACDelco WD and my dealer buys approximately $80000
a year from us. I can't imagine what the ramifications of that would be. I even have a couple of friends that work at both a GM stamping plant and a GM truck assy. plant nearby and asked them if they knew of anyone to call that might help me out. They seemed pretty much uninterested in helping as did my rep. from ACDelco. It looks like I'll just wait and hopefully get some good news soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still no news on the unit that we tried to order on the 17th. It's just sitting there waiting for GM to either pick it up and build it or turn it down. My dealer now says that Tuesday (3/1) is the next day they may know something on it. We have found 3 more at other dealers that would be acceptable, but I don't hold out much hope after the Illinois dealer turned us down on a dealer trade. Maybe I'm just getting the run around and my dealer thinks that I'm gonna settle for the only one he has in stock, (SLE with no options). It won't happen. I'll just walk away and forget about this whole mess. With my Saturn Outlook experience and now this, it can't be all bad news. Good news has to happen sometime soon, doesn't it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting comments... we just placed our order today and the salesman said nothing with regards to any order "cut off". He called back after we left the dealership to confirm our order was placed. No specific time frame, 4 - 6 weeks is his guess. Sure hope we are getting the straight story and don't get a surprise in a week or two.

Kent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave up on mine on Monday morning and my dealer just cancelled the order since it was still in preliminary status. He told me that most likely if approved it would have been switched over to a 2008 model and could have taken 8-10 weeks to be delivered. Over the weekend we had seen a 2008 Buick Enclave and completely fell in love with it over the Acadia. After getting the Acadia order cancelled, we simply placed an order for a new 08 Enclave from the same dealer, since they handled both GMC & Buick. I thought the Enclave gave us more of an opportunity to pick and choose some of the options that we wanted instead of having to take one's we really didn't need. A plus was that we really liked the exterior styling over the Acadia. Another couple of things that made us look hard at switching was the fact that for nearly the same money we gained a year 2008 versus 2007, if our Acadia was built and the Buick offers a 4yr/50000 mile warranty versus the Acadia's 3yr/36000 mile warranty. The Acadia msrp was $34499 and the Enclave $34825. Small trade off for 1 more year and was able to finally get what we wanted all along. Additionally we should see our Enclave by June 1.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Great! I love the Acadia, but have to admit to liking a lot of the Enclave's standard and optional features arrangement better for the price, and also the unique look and refinements--whether you like it or not.

So you just get a 2008 earlier and for the same price. What model & options did you get, by the way?

·
Registered
7 Posts
ticner58 said:
It's no wonder that Honda and Toyota are taking over.
I hope you're not offended if I make a little joke here: if it makes you feel any better, my wife and I had a terrible time at the Honda dealership when we bought her 2003 CRV. ;D
We were stupid enough to fall for an aggressive sales pitch for a $1500 extended warranty. When we actually had to use the warranty last year, we found out that there was a $250 deductible that the salesman never mentioned. If I wasn't a family man with a wife and kids to care for, the day I found out that the warranty had a deductible I would have driven back to the dealership and assaulted the con artist who tricked us into buying a useless warranty.

If we decide never to buy another Honda, that will be why.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
caddycruiser said:
Great! I love the Acadia, but have to admit to liking a lot of the Enclave's standard and optional features arrangement better for the price, and also the unique look and refinements--whether you like it or not.

So you just get a 2008 earlier and for the same price. What model & options did you get, by the way?
CX, Red Jewel Tintcoat, Ebony Cloth Interior, 8 passenger, Remote Start, Ultrasonic Parking Asst., Heated Washer Solvent, Power Sunroof, Cargo Net & Shade, 18" Machined Alum. Wheels.
I

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kent, Keep us informed on your status through time. We had placed an order on 4/23 and were assured that the order for 07s were still being accepted. I had my doubts all along as other dealers had stated otherwise. Well, today the hammer fell and we received a call from the dealer apologizing and letting us know that the manufacturer had cut off all 07 orders. They dealer said that our order along with 3 others that they had placed around the same time would not be built. We're now at the mercy of manufacturing scheduling a build date for 08s with a price increase likely to occur and affect our deal. If any one else finds themselves in this same boat, feel free to join the group, comment and sing the blues. Depressed but not yet beaten, TSchmut

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tschmut said:
Kent, Keep us informed on your status through time. We had placed an order on 4/23 and were assured that the order for 07s were still being accepted. I had my doubts all along as other dealers had stated otherwise. Well, today the hammer fell and we received a call from the dealer apologizing and letting us know that the manufacturer had cut off all 07 orders. They dealer said that our order along with 3 others that they had placed around the same time would not be built. We're now at the mercy of manufacturing scheduling a build date for 08s with a price increase likely to occur and affect our deal. If any one else finds themselves in this same boat, feel free to join the group, comment and sing the blues. Depressed but not yet beaten, TSchmut
I had the same problem. Waited 2/ 1/2 weeks to find out they wern't gonna build it. We found 3 others that I would have taken at other dealers, but they wouldn't dealer trade. I turned to the Buick Enclave after seeing one in person. It has been on order for 2+ weeks. I like the way Buick packaged their options and the 4yr-50000 mile warranty was a big plus over Acadia's 3yr-36000. Also get a 2008 vs a 2007 model, and the price was about the same. Hard to compare prices though when Acadia, Enclave & Outlook package their std. features and options totally different. If the dealers would have worked together I'd be driving an Acadia right now, as it is, I can't wait for my Enclave to show up. If interested, go to enclaveforum.net, push the "gallery" tab at the top of page. I have posted close to 100 pictures of the Enclave.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know you'll enjoy your Enclave every bit as much as you would have the Acadia. I have seen 3 at the dealership with whom I'm working. They're a great vehicle. However. I'm still hung up on an Acadia. I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out, but I'm really going to be hacked off if there is more than a subtle increase with no help to those who had orders sitting in limbo. Keep us posted on your experience with your Enclave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts