GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on ordering a 2008 Acadia SLE 3SA Carbon Black with Ebony interior with all of the options (Cargo, Convenient, Preferred, DVD entertainment system). I don't need to take delivery until the end of the year (my current lease expires on 1/1/08 and last payment is 12/2/07).

About what time in October or November should I order the car from a dealership?

I also have a GM Supplier Discount and a CostCo discount available. Which has a lower price?

·
Registered
384 Posts
6-8 weeks is average from order date till delivery, my experience anyway. Others on here may have a different time table.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I second that. 6-8 weeks is about right, from what I've read. I ordered Aug. 29, and the build week is Oct. 15. Delivery anticipated about 2 weeks after (and that's to Canada).

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree, 6-8 weeks seems to about right. I always get nevous about shipping estimates when december rolls
around though, so if it is important to you to have the vehicle before your lease expires, I wouldn't wait too
long before ordering.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our first order came in after 53 days, but the dealer ordered the wrong color. It is now 90 days since our original order, and the car is at the dealership.

Luckily the dealer had ordered our exact car in a different color a week or so after our intial order. We are buying this car. It took 80 days for this one to arrive from order date.

·
Registered
99 Posts
steve b said:
Our first order came in after 53 days, but the dealer ordered the wrong color. It is now 90 days since our original order, and the car is at the dealership.

Luckily the dealer had ordered our exact car in a different color a week or so after our intial order. We are buying this car. It took 80 days for this one to arrive from order date.
Glad to hear your vehicle is finally in. That must have been tough. I ordered mine on 8/31/07 and it came into the dealer on 10/1/07. I was so anxious for it that it would have been such a let down if they had ordered the wrong color and I had to wait longer. Did they do anything to compensate you for their mistake?

·
Registered
21 Posts
We will see. They haven't even contacted us yet to tell us it is in, but I saw it on the lot and I checked the inventory, and it's our car! My wife saw them gassing it up today.

We are paying invoice, but we are going to see if they can do better on the trade.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered an Outlook, but the times should be about the same.

Anyway, ordered on 9/8 (saturday) and it was built 10/10 or 10/11. It not has a VIN and is awaiting shipment.

·
Registered
384 Posts
steve b said:
We will see. They haven't even contacted us yet to tell us it is in, but I saw it on the lot and I checked the inventory, and it's our car! My wife saw them gassing it up today.

We are paying invoice, but we are going to see if they can do better on the trade.
Make them do better than invoice if you can. Work it up before you go, and they can still do better on the trade in because one has nothing to do with the other.

·
Registered
117 Posts
vic49 said:
Make them do better than invoice if you can. Work it up before you go, and they can still do better on the trade in because one has nothing to do with the other.
I would have to beg to differ. Its just numbers on paper. In any deal I have been in, I could easily get them to give me more for my trade it if I was willing to pay more for the car or vice versa. In the end it is the bottom line that matters to both sides.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I placed my order on the 10th of Sept & it arrived at the dealership 29th of Sept. The dealership & I were shocked that it was built so quick. I think yours being an SLE that it has the potential to be made quicker than the SLT's.

I would assume color & option packages make the difference. My dealer placed an SLE same color as mine silver an hour before I placed my order & it has not arrive at the dealership yet!

My dealership told me six to eight weeks to see the car in their lot.

I would allow at least six weeks!

Pat

·
Registered
384 Posts
dmann33 said:
vic49 said:
I would have to beg to differ. Its just numbers on paper. In any deal I have been in, I could easily get them to give me more for my trade it if I was willing to pay more for the car or vice versa. In the end it is the bottom line that matters to both sides.
I think we are saying the same thing. What I mean is they will try to make money on either end and you have to keep the bottom line separate on trade in as well as new car in order to get best deal. Enough on this one anyway since the thread is about build durations, I don't want to get too far off track here. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Vehicle is In!!! :blob:

Usual disclaimer, it's an Outlook, but it seems the build/order times are very similar for the Acadia and Outlook.

Anyway, it arrived today 10/18, and I ordered on 9/8.

That makes it a little over 7 weeks. Not bad, I guess.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's here!

My acadia SLT2!

9/14/2007 - ordered at dealer and put into system
9/18/2007 - order accpeted by GM
10/19/2007 - arrived at dealer and drove it home!

About 5 weeks from order date.

(1st payment due 12/3/2007)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts