GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was told by the dealership today that my 'build day' is going to be August 6th for an SLT2 Liquid Silver/titanium FWD with 19" wheels, Nav, sun roof, HUD, HID, 2nd row bench seat, trailering package. Placed the order on June 23rd and was told it would take about 6 to 8 weeks. Looks like they are going to be right on target. Will switch from an (awsome) Infiniti G35x - lease expires August 12. That'll give me one week from build day to delivery... Let's see how it works out from the timing point of view. I'm looking forward to the roomy interior, higher seating and the much needed and currently missed trunk space. Back in June I posted a question about after-market bluetooth experience. Turns out that On-Star accepts a Verizon business plan for linkage just as they do with the Verizon Family plan. The cost is the same $9.95/month - that will work for me. More on this once I start using it...
By the way, like many other forum members I picked the Acadia after looking hard at the Mazda CX9 and Chrysler Pacifica.
This forum helped in the decision making process - lot's of interesting discussion topics. I'll keep you posted on the actual delivery and will post pics as well.

Herb :blob: :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Interesting. I was told today by my dealer that my "build date" will also be August 6th. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
ooh, i ordered mine on june 23rd also, i should check and see if I have a build date yet. how exciting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
My dealer also informed me ours was slated to be built the week of 8/6. Encouraging news, but given the wait some of the members of this forum have had, I'm not going to hold my breath.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Hi . . . Is there a way that you can check your order status on your own? I only placed the order a couple weeks ago so I know it's too early to start bugging the dealer yet, but I'd love to find out what the official status is. The dealer told me 4-6 weeks which I highly doubt . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Not with GM. There are some other more high-end automobile manufacturers that will allow you to chart the manufacture of your vehicle on line, but that technology hasn't found its way to Detroit, yet.

I disagree with you that its ever too early to start bugging your dealer. I've called mine every two weeks since I ordered, if for no other reason than to let him know I don't intend to fall through the cracks for any reason. He's been very good about responding so far. From what I understand from people I've asked who are in the know, dealers are notoriously underinformed by the manufacturers on just about every subject. But, it can't hurt to let your dealer know that you intend to be the squeeky wheel that gets the grease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
well great. i called my dealer and they have no build date for me yet. they do have 2 that have aug 6th dates, but they were ordered before mine. apparently my dealer doesn't get stellar treatment from GM. :angryfire:

i'm annoyed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
I am *hoping* the fact that my dealer is the biggest in AZ and they have 50% of GMC's inventory for the state, they get along well with GM. (At least that is what they tell me...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
sharonk said:
Does anyone know the length of time between the build date and delivery???
According to my dealer, the actual build is fairly quick. In my case the build date is Aug 6 and will be completed that week --- perhaps in a few days. He anticipates the vehicle will ship no later than Aug 13 and take about two weeks to ship to Houston. Barring something unforeseen, I may be able to take delivery of the vehicle sometime around the Labor Day Weekend. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
It takes less than that to ship to Houston, so you may get it sooner than you think!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
mckcab said:
It takes less than that to ship to Houston, so you may get it sooner than you think!!
I think my dealer was being conservative on the delivery estimate. ;D Actually I'm hoping that it takes about 2 weeks from Aug 16th. That would put the delivery somewhere in the vicinity of Labor Day Weekend --- which might yield some possible "additional" incentives. I know it's a long shot, but there's nothing wrong with dreaming. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in Central NJ and my dealer also told me that GM will start building my SLT2 2nd & 3rd row bench AWD Red Jewel on or about August 6. The delivery date should be sometime labor day weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Wow, I just talked to my dealer today and he gave me the build date of Aug 6 as well. I ordered my SLT-1 White Diamond June 19. How many cars can they build in one day? And if it goes over into Sept. will they still have the conquest incentive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
681 Posts
ou812 said:
Wow, I just talked to my dealer today and he gave me the build date of Aug 6 as well. I ordered my SLT-1 White Diamond June 19. How many cars can they build in one day? And if it goes over into Sept. will they still have the conquest incentive?
Based on the production numbers for July http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/84/84530/sales_production/July2007Production.xls they can produce 467 vehciles a day, I am sure they can do more as they had higher production months in the past. I based it on 10279 total lambdas produced in 22 working days in July.

If/when they add the 3rd shift I am sure that number could go into the 700 + range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Mine made it to the dealer in 4 weeks. (it's just taking the deal another 4 to ship it to me!)


FunkD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
johnway said:
ou812 said:
Wow, I just talked to my dealer today and he gave me the build date of Aug 6 as well. I ordered my SLT-1 White Diamond June 19. How many cars can they build in one day? And if it goes over into Sept. will they still have the conquest incentive?
Based on the production numbers for July http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/84/84530/sales_production/July2007Production.xls they can produce 467 vehciles a day, I am sure they can do more as they had higher production months in the past. I based it on 10279 total lambdas produced in 22 working days in July.

If/when they add the 3rd shift I am sure that number could go into the 700 + range.
Actually though there probably weren't that many working days in July because the plant was shut down for two weeks. Not sure the exact dates of the shutdown, but I think in May and June they produced a few thousand more than 10k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Mine had a build date of June 18th ... released to shippers on June 21st ... was sitting on the dealer lot July 2nd. Took delivery July 5th (July 4th held up the delivery). If that time table helps anybody out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Hey Mumford...Cool to see another person who ordered an "08 in new Carbon Flash Metallic with Brick. That's going to be a killer combo!! I just ordered mine yesterday. Same colors - SLT2, FWD, DVD, Nav, 19's, Roof, trlr, HUD, HID
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
rockedaway said:
Hey Mumford...Cool to see another person who ordered an "08 in new Carbon Flash Metallic with Brick. That's going to be a killer combo!! I just ordered mine yesterday. Same colors - SLT2, FWD, DVD, Nav, 19's, Roof, trlr, HUD, HID

:thumb:

Just be sure to post pics as soon as you can after delivery!
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top