GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've seen the mentions of "build date" in a few threads and where it is found on the label inside the driver's door. Unless it is buried in some code that hasn't been deciphered, mine says "02/07" but not a specific day in Feb. Am I missing something? Or, is this something I can get from the dealer?

I bought my Acadia long distance from dealer stock, not ordered.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it should mean "week 2" in 2007 -

·
Registered
87 Posts
The first number typically indicates the month that the vehicle was built. I'm not sure if any other car companies that do what Chrysler/Mitsubishi do, but they put the "Month/Year" in the top right corner, or middle (all that I'v seen anyway) of that sticker and they also put the actual day and time the it was built. In a Month, Day, Hour format (MDH).

This is just what I'v seen. I'm not sure what others do though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I just ran out and checked.

Nothing else their except month/year in upper right hand corner.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
;D I glanced at the "Recent Topics" section and thought this thread said "Blind Date - dumb question". LOL

I haven't gone out to check the build date on mine yet. Wonder why it doesn't include an actual day?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Web Raven said:
;D I glanced at the "Recent Topics" section and thought this thread said "Blind Date - dumb question". LOL
No, that would have been "blond date - dumb question." Hee hee.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Web Raven said:

I haven't gone out to check the build date on mine yet. Wonder why it doesn't include an actual day?
i did the same thing the first time I saw the topic ???

And as far as the date goes, PA requires a Certificate of Origin now. My Certificate has the manufacture date on it. I think it's a State requirement anyway. Anyone else received a C of A? Can't say for sure that the date they put down is the ACTUAL day it was built but it has to be within a day or two.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
my build date is 12/06 - anyone earlier than that?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Racefla said:
Does the VIN # tell us anything?
not a date but the last 6 numbers tell you the sequential number your vehicle was for the given year.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
admin said:
my build date is 12/06 - anyone earlier than that?
If yours says 12/06, I can't imagine that it means the 12th week of last year, as they weren't making them then, per the earlier reply to this thread it can't be that.

Per the post above this, my VIN ends with 123281. I recall an earlier thread where I don't think the number built was over 123K. Or, would that be ALL GM vehicles?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe it is month and year. they don't put the actual date there because you don't won't to know if your car was built on a Monday morning do you? ;D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or on pay day, or the day after!

That's one of the reasons I was hoping for the exact date! But...the Lambda plant robots in Lansing can't get drunk!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was in error about the week/year thing...

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Yes, I knew it was month/year. Most cars have that exact format. Anyone have a build date earlier than my Dec 2006? When were the first Acadias built?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does this deserve a poll to look a frequency per month among owners on this forum?

·
Registered
185 Posts
admin said:
Yes, I knew it was month/year. Most cars have that exact format. Anyone have a build date earlier than my Dec 2006? When were the first Acadias built?
Think they first started rolling just ahead of Thanksgiving. I just looked up and found my first e-mail to the dealership on 11/30 asking about it so it was before that ;D

BTW. the certificate of origin says mine was built on 12/22/06. Not only a Friday but the Friday before Christmas....... 8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
We ordered our Acadia (SLT-1, Summit White, Ebony leather interior) on April 6 and recently received a build week of May 21. We also have the order number. Does anyone know if there is a way we can track its build progress independent of contacting the dealer? We thought it was through MyGMLink.com, but that site seems to be geared to owners who have already received their vehicles.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine is 12/06

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Maxwood,
Go to GMC.com and get the customer service number. Call it and they will help you. I would take turns calling GMC and my dealer!

Good luck!!

PS go to the thread on build codes. Skip everything and go to the first page. It will help you!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts