GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my salesman. He said our Acadia we ordered on 7/5 is scheduled to be built the week of 8/13. He said we should have it by the end of August!!
:thumb: :blob: :cheers: :blob: :thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well that just irritates the heck out of me. I ordered mine 2 weeks before you and I still don't have a build date. Who can I call to complain about this? Anyone? Or am I just dinked? :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
49 Posts
When my '07 order was canceled, I sent GM a letter outlining my dissatisfaction. Someone at GM actually called me back, which I hadn't really expected. Of course, the person on the other end of the phone really couldn't do anything, but it did give me the opportunity to air my grievances to someone. If you want real results, I don't know what you do other than walking into your dealer and threatening to take your deposit and business elsewhere unless you start getting some freaking answers. Maybe there's another dealer in your area that still has an allocation? You may wait even longer, but if a new dealer can keep you better informed that may have value to you. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
bhpeters said:
Well that just irritates the heck out of me. I ordered mine 2 weeks before you and I still don't have a build date. Who can I call to complain about this? Anyone? Or am I just dinked? :banghead: :banghead:
You may have a build date and not even know it. My dealer never was able to give me any update (much less a build date) after the first update that the order had been accepted. I just got a call on a Saturday morning about 6 1/2 weeks after my 2008 order went in saying "your Acadia came in, when do you want to pick it up?"

·
Registered
125 Posts
They told me they have 8 acadias on order, 2 of them had been assigned build dates and they were ordered before mine. I ordered june 23. when i pressed them about why others (like pokesfan) are getting dates who ordered after me he said some mumbo about dealer allocations and some dealers getting better attention. "we aren't the biggest but we aren't the smallest either". Helpful.

Other than REALLY wanting to drive my new car, I'm hoping to capture any Labor Day deals. If I have a VIN assigned by labor day then I could still capture any good rebates, right? If that's true then it gives them 5 weeks to produce a build date and VIN. Surely THAT would be possible.

Already 5 weeks in I don't know if I can afford to transfer my order anywhere else. The only real option is to buy an 08 that's sitting on the lot, but so far there aren't any.

·
Registered
49 Posts
bhpeters said:
They told me they have 8 acadias on order, 2 of them had been assigned build dates and they were ordered before mine. I ordered june 23. when i pressed them about why others (like pokesfan) are getting dates who ordered after me he said some mumbo about dealer allocations and some dealers getting better attention. "we aren't the biggest but we aren't the smallest either". Helpful.

Other than REALLY wanting to drive my new car, I'm hoping to capture any Labor Day deals. If I have a VIN assigned by labor day then I could still capture any good rebates, right? If that's true then it gives them 5 weeks to produce a build date and VIN. Surely THAT would be possible.

Already 5 weeks in I don't know if I can afford to transfer my order anywhere else. The only real option is to buy an 08 that's sitting on the lot, but so far there aren't any.
I wouldn't worry about catching any Labor Day deals with respect to the Acadia. There won't be any. In my opinion, GM would be foolish to give anything on such a hot selling vehicle.

Loach may be right, though, you could be in the system. I ordered mine right around the same time as you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Acadia sure seems to be 'hot'. Last time I went by the dealer I ordered from, they didn't have any sitting on the lot.. at all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, I would expect to see unbelieveable incentives for the Sierra over Labor Day, because those sales are really hurting. But the Acadia, not so much.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I went online this morning and found at least nine Acadia's in stock within 100 miles of my house. They ranged from a $29,000 SLE to a $44,000 SLT2. There was at least 1 awd model. several of the most popular colors, and a choice of rear seating. They aren't plentiful our there, but not all that rare either. I have had mine for six months and although I think it is a very good vehicle, I don't understand the hysteria about having to have one now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
big bear craig said:
... I don't understand the hysteria about having to have one now.
Party pooper. :p

;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with pokesfan. Just did a 30 mile search (Milwaukee area) and came up with 24 hits. 10 of the hits were 2008 models.

Prices ranged from $30,305 to $45,710.

Changed the search to 100 miles and came up with 124 Acadia's

P.S. Searching via cars.com

·
Registered
389 Posts
My dealer only lists 4 Acadias in their inventory online and they only had 1-2 on their lot. BUT, when we were on a test drive of a Yukon last week, our salesperson took us to 2 back lots off the property (I am not entirely sure she was supposed to do that) and there were 10+ Acadias back there.

What gives? is this normal? Does having so little on the lot create artificial hype? Isn't the real hype good enough - there is plenty! Their main lot was covered with trucks and yukons and pontiac G6's. You would think with the popularity of the Acadia, they would keep a few out. It kind of struck me as odd.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
bhpeters said:
You can actually "buy" the vehicle after it has been built and invoiced to the dealership. There isn't an official VIN number in the system until that has taken place. The vehicle can be sitting at the plant or in transit and the dealer can still complete that paperwork for the sale, but the vehicle has to be built first.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bhpeters said:

Any luck on getting a build date bhpeters?

·
Registered
125 Posts
nope. I call weekly for an update. The manager said my order is next in line and he's been hounding some guy above him (not sure how all that works, maybe a regional manager?) to get our order pushed through. Today marks 6 weeks since we ordered it. They are apologizing all over themselves but it doesn't get me my ride any faster. I keep asking them "at what point do we get to call GM headquarters to find out if they lost the order?" unfortunately I never get an answer. Its almost like I could potentially wait forever... this system amazes me.

however, I do have an induction date for the baby. :) If I don't go into labor on my own I will be induced about the 14th of August... at least I have a date on something. :thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
bhpeters said:
however, I do have an induction date for the baby. :) If I don't go into labor on my own I will be induced about the 14th of August... at least I have a date on something. :thumb:
Right there w/ ya on all accounts - ordered end of June, got a build date of 8/13, and due in the next 2 weeks - anytime now - though I think Baby is going to beat the vehicle to the finish line at this point! -spoke to my dealer - they said we should have it, hopefully, end of Aug. - oy - talk about cutting it close! Keep us posted and best baby wishes to you! :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Just a note about build dates folks. The date given to you by your dealer is called a TPW or a target production week. Those with a TPW of 8/13 will have their vehicle built during the week of 8/13. It may be on the 13th or it could be as late as the end of that week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I called our salesperson today and guess what, ours is already built and invoiced. Should be here in 2 weeks or less!!!!

:blob: :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
pokesfan said:
I called our salesperson today and guess what, ours is already built and invoiced. Should be here in 2 weeks or less!!!!

:blob: :cheers:
Wow...that was an extremely accurate estimate with the build date. Congratulations...now you will have to wait two loooooooooonnnnnngggg weeks. Ugh!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Called my salesman yesterday (Friday) and it still hasn't shipped..... I am tired of waiting! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts