GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Acadia planned for build the week of 08/20 is built already! Dealer called Thurs. morning (08/16) stating he had a copy of the invoice and the Acadia is finished. Estimated arrival by train to New Mexico on Sun 08/26 with delivery by truck to dealer in Texas 2-3 days after that. The original plan was to order mid July with delivery not before Labor Day - I didn't anticipate it being here in August (glass half empty kind of a gal). So now I will sit back and watch closely for news regarding Labor Day incentives - I don't anticipate any for Acadia but I can hope. Must decide ASAP whether or not to do a private sell for my '99 Yukon. It's funny, I'm not jumping up/down with anticipation because...car payment! Haven't had one since '03 when we paid off our '02 Sierra. Although, with the heat, I am looking forward to having the remote start - especially when the kiddos are with me!

I will be watching for aftermarket running boards and hopefully they will get the cargo mat back on the market! Getting the sunroof deflector put on when it arrives as well as getting the front windows tinted.

Thanks to everyone who has participated on this forum - you have kept me entertained with information since April/May!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congratulations! I hope shipping goes fast/good as the build did.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Did you go to a large dealership or a small dealership? Any idea what your original priority code was when they ordered your Acadia. Mine is at a 2000 status with a priority code of 7. I ended up buying it from a smaller dealer (which I guess was why they did not charge me the advertisement fee). They have now told me 6-8 weeks...but I have no real hurry...as long as it gets here by the end of January.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fenwah said:
Did you go to a large dealership or a small dealership? Any idea what your original priority code was when they ordered your Acadia. Mine is at a 2000 status with a priority code of 7. I ended up buying it from a smaller dealer (which I guess was why they did not charge me the advertisement fee). They have now told me 6-8 weeks...but I have no real hurry...as long as it gets here by the end of January.
We used a small town dealership (always do) - I wouldn't really classify it as a small dealership because they have a very nice set up and plenty of vehicles to choose from - we live in a small town between the dealership we are buying from and the city dealership. They do the same amount of advertising in the paper and on TV as the city dealerships. I don't see any advertising fees on the paperwork - maybe because of custom order/using allocation?

Our salesman had been sent to "school" to learn about the Acadia and either the Enclave or Outlook and it showed. The very nice salesman at the city dealership hadn't been to "school" and it showed - he knew the cool stuff to show and how to sell it - didn't know the details and said he would have to find out. For instance, he thought I was crazy when I started looking for the battery and said it was under the hood. So I showed him where it was. I know you didn't ask for all of this but just wanted to throw it in since it has been an easy experience for us - probably helped that we had already dealt with the manager two other times when he was at another dealership. Just liked it that the "small" dealership took the initiative to send their salesman to learn about their new product.

Re status codes - I thought I would use the status code info from this forum but never had to - ordered 7/17 - dealer called back 7/19 and said GM had "picked up" the order - I called back exactly three weeks later (08/09) just to check on things and get the status code - dealer had checked right before I called and had an immediate answer - scheduled for production 08/20 - he called back a week later (08/16) and said it was built earlier than expected. As long as I had it by end of Sept, I was going to be happy.

With the 3rd shift at the plant starting soon, maybe you will have yours sooner than expected too!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Built earlier than expected...now delivered earlier than expected! Five weeks from order to delivery. :thumb: Got the call this morning that ours was sitting on the lot. Wanted to check it out even though we will not sign paperwork until Labor Day incentives are released - I'm still hoping for 0% - $$$ off - anything! But not holding my breath.

Picked it up tonight and will drive it back to dealer in the morning (40 mile round trip) so they can get it cleaned up and ready. Drives great - rides great - still not sure about tranny but time will tell - did better than I remember from the '07 one we drove back in June (as well it should) - will have to check out more highway crossings/merging traffic scenarios tomorrow. My 7-year-old is ready to sign on the dotted lines right now - patience! He loves it - he took a DVD (George of the Jungle) with him for the trip home and he was happy (except he is disappointed that his and little brother's sunroof doesn't open).

And, maybe I missed this in a thread, but the tailgate hits the garage door when opened. Garage door is all the way up - maybe there is an adjustment you can make so that the tailgate doesn't open all the way? Will have to do a search in the forum this weekend about that. Also, there is a "noise/squeak" in the gear shift - kind of sounds like something is rubbing on styrofoam - sound familiar to anybody?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congratz!! Pictures??

Makes me wonder where ours is..... Yours was built after ours and had to go right through Oklahoma....

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pokesfan said:
Congratz!! Pictures??

Makes me wonder where ours is..... Yours was built after ours and had to go right through Oklahoma....
pokesfan said:
txred said:
Also, there is a "noise/squeak" in the gear shift - kind of sounds like something is rubbing on styrofoam - sound familiar to anybody?
What kind of sound is it? When does it make the noise? Could it be the Stabilitrak per the post below?

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=56.msg585#msg585
The sound stops as soon as we place our fingers on either side of the gear shift. Getting ready to take it back and have on my list of things for them to check out.

As for pics - it literally showed up in the lot yesterday morning and has not been cleaned - obviously!!! So no pics until Little Red is sparkling clean. I was tempted to leave it outside last night to check for water leaks since we got the sunroofs, but there was possibility of hail so didn't chance it.

I noticed you ordered with assist steps, maybe that held it up a day or two? Or, maybe the trucking company your dealer contracts takes a little longer? My dealer said if it is marked with "S", i.e. sold, then it is expedited to get off the train, on the truck, and to the dealer's lot. I will try to remember to ask when ours got to the train drop-off and how many days afterward to truck it over (it is a one day round trip for the trucker).

·
Registered
71 Posts
We didn't order with the assist steps. They are waiting at the dealer to be installed. Our is being shipped into OKC and we live 2 hours away.

I would appreciate any info you can give me. I will use it against my dealer if I can. >:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
pokesfan said:
I would appreciate any info you can give me. I will use it against my dealer if I can. >:D
Just kidding. :D

Our dealer has been really good with this order and my family has purchased a few vehicles from them before. I am curious to what's taking them so long though! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick info on my own thread and then will find incentives thread later tonight. Dropped of the Acadia to get it cleaned up with goal to sign sometime later in the week - once incentives are announced. Dealer got out the incentives/rebate book and there it was - $500 off 08 Acadia - we have two GMCs so it's not a conquest rebate - that was on a different page. I was reading it upside down and was shocked to see it, but I THINK it said good for 08/24/07 to 09/01/07 or possibly 09/04 (the actual page was printed on 08/23/07). They added it on my invoice to fax to my credit union Monday - so we may be signing the papers on Monday, if i decide I am confident enough that nothing else will be offered later in the week for Labor Day. I forgot to ask if they had dropped financing rate but will ask Monday.

Anyone else see this while shopping around this weekend?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pokesfan said:
We didn't order with the assist steps. They are waiting at the dealer to be installed. Our is being shipped into OKC and we live 2 hours away.

I knew that about the assist steps - just forgot. In the excitement of getting a $500 rebate (not conquest - see above) - I forgot to ask about the actual build date, date it was delivered to train yard, etc. This is what I know - ours was shipped by train to Santa Rosa, New Mexico then trucked about 170 miles to our dealer in Texas. I would be interested to know why SR, NM, since there are so many more closer spots to us in Texas. I can only imagine what the train yard looks like in OKC - it's gotta be big! If my dealer could tell me when ours was expected to be in the train yard and trucked then surely yours can do the same. Betcha it's there right now!

BTW, on a personal note, I would go to OKC on occasion during my first year at SWOSU in Weatherford. If I couldn't live in Texas, I would choose Oklahoma - everyone is as nice there as here! We make a yearly trip to Missouri to see my inlaws and go through OKC and Tulsa - we were through there around the time of floodings in July - drove through a lot of hard rain (which the kiddos enjoyed) - with tornados the day after we got to Missouri. Good thing about where we live - if there is a tornado you can see it coming because the land is flat! Kind of concerned me being in forest area with tornadoes popping up and not being able to see them!

Keep us posted on your news - post pics with your steps when you can - I may go with the Westin nerf bars like we have on our Yukon and Sierra. The company I will use for my tint job is also a Westin dealer so I will be talking to him in about 4-6 weeks after I get my $1500 rebate from Driver's Edge card back - hopefully by then someone will post pics with the nerf bars and I can make my decision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have heard that conquest cash has dropped from $1k to 500 since I ordered mine on July 24. Is this true? Could the new rebate you are mentioning be a way of negating that drop in discount?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
OmegaPaiN said:
I have heard that conquest cash has dropped from $1k to 500 since I ordered mine on July 24. Is this true? Could the new rebate you are mentioning be a way of negating that drop in discount?
Conquest is $1000 on '07s and $500 on '08s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish I had an answer for you - I didn't ask what the current conquest rebate was since we don't qualify. I don't understand all the marketing tools.

Like I asked my husband today - why doesn't GMAC offer a more competitive rate than 5.9% for Acadia? (Unless it has gone down for Labor Day sales.) They lost the chance of me financing with them because I can get between 4.5% and 5% for 3/4 yrs financing through our credit union. BTW, we financed my '99 Yukon for 6.9% - no wonder I paid it off in 2-3 years - 5% is looking good right now but would prefer 0%!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I was told that Conquest cash is $500 for '08's as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts