GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone made the attempt at using the Enclave key fob with the digital display and the longer range with the Acaidia yet?

·
Registered
123 Posts
the key fob is not available yet.... will not be available until late august or early september

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can't back this up, but a few things my dealer told me (don't hold me to the price number$)..

The Fob is a dealer installed option. It involves a $100 part and a $150 part. One of them is a radio receiver module that goes in the car. The other is the Fob. I can't remember which is which.. let's say the $150 one is the module for the car. That means you can get any number of additional fobs for $100. That way both you and the wife can check the tire pressure while relaxing out back by the pool..

·
Registered
405 Posts
as i recall it is not just a buick key fob but all of gms 07 line, my dealer told me i could get it for my yukon as well, and told my father he could get it for his corvette.

·
Registered
123 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Yes, this is NOT a specific model's key fob, but purely a GM accessory that can be added after the fact to most new GM vehicles.
however, if you don't already have the remote start option on your vehicle you will not be able to get the key fob.

·
Registered
405 Posts
we have remote start on all of our gm cars 2006 and up.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
we have remote start on all of our gm cars 2006 and up.
Yes, it's technically "there" even if you don't have the full option, which is why on models without, they sell a kit to make it functional and with new remotes as a GM accessory. So, technically, even not having the full remote start option shouldn't prevent you from adding this new accessory remote.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info. Does anyone know when this will be available? I called my local dealer and they said they never heard of it. I don't like the fact that I cannot tell if the remote start actually worked if I cannot see the car. I like to start it when I am in the gym and then come out to a cool air conditioned interior, but it has been 50/50 so far depending on where I am parked,etc. The new key fob would eliminate the guessing game and extend the range. I will no doubt be purchasing one, as soon as they become available.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any updated info on when this '2-Way Advanced Remote Start' key fob will be available for Acadia installation?

·
Registered
126 Posts
No one has any info? I would like this option, but it seems it is not yet available. :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
We purchased a new Acadia last night and I really wanted this in the vehicle, but dealer has never heard of it. Everywhere I look there is no part number or anything

·
Registered
284 Posts
mgoblue2 said:
We purchased a new Acadia last night and I really wanted this in the vehicle, but dealer has never heard of it. Everywhere I look there is no part number or anything
That's because it exists, but has been delayed (apparently supplier issues) several times, so there doesn't seem to be part numbers, pricing, etc. cataloged yet. They will eventually, but still not yet, until the delays are done with.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Any of you "insiders" that might be reading this, would you be kind enough to let us know any info on availability of the key fobs as you get more details? I think there is a big interest in them and it will save us many posts. Thanks. ;D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bringing this topic to the surface again? Any insider updates?

·
Registered
294 Posts
This may sound 'hokie', but it really works. To extend the range of your remote, hold the remote with it touching your chin when you push the push the button. It will almost double the range. There is something about your jawbone acting as a signal booster. Try it -- it will surprise you!

Please, no flames until you try it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
xseler said:
Please, no flames until you try it.
Been doing this very thing for at least 15 years.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts