GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Acadia has a broken torque strut motor mount would that be the cause of it to jerk while driving and buck when trying to go uphill it has no check engine light

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yes indeed . . . torque strut motor mounts wear out over time. Replace as necessary and things should be like new again.

But the motor mounts also could be worn out or leaked fluid. A common issue with age.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still doing the same thing I had the transmission checked and it was fine he said it did look like my motor was missing but I haven’t had the check engine light on I’m gonna check all my plugs tomorrow I pulled one today to see what it looked like but it looked normal I’m stumped on this one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I replaced my MM and the difference is noticeable. The other issue I'm having now is the new mounts transmit engine and trans vibrations to the body and steering wheel. It's very "tight" and annoying but livable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it a miss or engine shudder? Search the forum here for torque converter.

There have been several discussions re: the issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
An engine miss would most likely occur at several different operating conditions. Symptoms occurring at a shift lean towards a transmission issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the transmission checked by the transmission guy here in my town and he said my transmission is fine my wife was driving the vehicle yesterday and she was going at a steady speed she said around 60 and she said the rpm needle was moving like crazy going from 1 to 3 and back down to 1 while staying at that steady speed from everyone I talk to they say it's either electrical with the needle going crazy like that or it's the torque converter I'm stumped.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A 1,000 swing in RPM is a lot. That would have a big effect on the engine/vehicle speed.

I've heard and experienced a 100-200 rpm fluctuation with my vehicle around 45 mph.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts