GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out about a part that was broken by a Jiffy Lube oil change. I guess they were checking the filter and broke a small piece of the engine. I think I was able to attach a piture. What is that little piece? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Re: broken part

I am guessing that it is a sensor, looks like the PCV valve on my old vehicle. I would take it to the dealer and get it replaced, then send the bill to Jiffy Lube. Any dash lights or performance issues with the vehicle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

No problems that I am aware of. The problem is that I never even noticed the problem until I went for the next oil change (another place) and they opened the hood and told me to look at it before they worked on it. I t was taped in place with black electrical tape. I just want the part name so I can see how much it is. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

sihawker said:
No problems that I am aware of. The problem is that I never even noticed the problem until I went for the next oil change (another place) and they opened the hood and told me to look at it before they worked on it. It was taped in place with black electrical tape. I just want the part name so I can see how much it is. Thanks!
Looks like a simple (relatively) vacuum connection boot. Electrical tape? Man, that is up there with bubble gum for lame repairs! If it is leaking vacuum, you should notice an erratic idle and the check engine light will probably come on sooner or later. If the piece somehow broke without causing a leak, you won't notice any problems.

·
Registered
423 Posts

electrical tape i have seen before. some wont catch that. that is bull that someone would do that and not let you know, but if the $8 an hour fellow is trying to keep his job, he may not be totally honest. better chances telling the truth though. get is replaced, you dont want to be sucking unfiiltered air.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

I'm still kinda ticked my engine cover doesn't have painted numbers and letters. ;D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

Thanks tmundal. Between you & Geo we have better service here than many do at dealers!

Part # highlighted is 12594578. Shows as about $7.20 list on GM Parts Direct, so it shouldn't bust the budget for Jiffy Lube.

If they broke the nipple it attaches to, that is a different story since it looks to be part of the intake manifold.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

bonk1313 said:
I am guessing that it is a sensor, looks like the PCV valve on my old vehicle.
tmundal said:
PCV tube.

:woot: I was right, wow :blob:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Where did you get that detailed picture? I like to see that so I can read the numbers more clearly. I think I may need to purchase part #1 since it looks like #14 broke free from it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

sihawker said:
Where did you get that detailed picture? I like to see that so I can read the numbers more clearly. I think I may need to purchase part #1 since it looks like #14 broke free from it. Thanks!
I believe that Image is from the system that GM parts deptartments use to find the part and #'s.
I tried www.gmpartsdirect.com, and I can not find that detailed illustration for that part on the Acadia, but they have it listed for $4.27 if you just search the part #12594578
Identified piece #1 is part #15278630 $25.32
Engine / transaxle - Air intake - Outlet duct
Outlet duct 2007 - 2008

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

GeoHawk said:
I'm still kinda ticked my engine cover doesn't have painted numbers and letters. ;D
Order up, hahaha

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
What is it? Photo attached. looks detached

While checking my steering gear fluid level (heard squeaks) I noticed this fitting, under the plastic shroud, not attached to where it obviously goes. It connects into the acordian section just before the air filter. What is it? Should it not be firmly attached? Crazy glue???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,585 Posts
Re: What is it? Photo attached. looks detached

That almost looks like a PCV valve. If so, it should slide into a rubber grommet to hold it in place and seal the system.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Similar topic with information merged.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks. I just had the dealer lube and oil and car. Probably knocked it off when taking off the shroud to add steering fluid..

·
Registered
75 Posts
I ordered the part. It's called a pcv tube. Unfortunately it doesn't appear very secure. Also if you compare it to the original.....it's missing a rubber riser. What I got was the tube with some plastic clips on the end that I shoved into the hole on the air duct. When I looked at the old unit....the clips were actually inside the rubber riser....they could not have been attached. I am assuming the car has been that way since I purchased it.

Would a 2007 owner take a look and see what yours looks like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
My 07 is in Texas, but I will check early next week when I get there

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine looks exactly like the photo above from the original thread.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts