GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this here in case anyone has experienced something similar, or has some advise.

Last week, while driving in a parking lot, the drive axle fell out of the front end of my 2007 Acadia AWD. No unusual driving prior to this. I had to call road side assistance to take my vehicle to the dealership on a flat deck. I currently have about 62,000 km on my vehicle (the full warranty expired at 60,000 km) Here is the story from the dealership and the GM Call Center:

-The repair for the drive axle is covered under the powertrain warranty.

-They have called the parts supply people, and no parts are available, and they are not sure when one will be manufactured. It could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months before the part is available (and my vehicle is undriveable).

-The powertrain warranty does not cover replacement vehicle or rental costs, so I'm on my own for the cost to rent a vehicle to replace mine.

This seems comical in a morbid sort of way. Let me know if you have experienced something similar, or if you have any thoughts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
According to my service manager, the powertrain warranty does cover rental. (are you in the U.S.? Not sure if its any different in Canada)

Which side is it? On the LH, there is stock available in Lansing Michigan. On the RH, there is currently no stock in parts warehouses, however several dealers have them, so your dealer could place whats called a SPAC case on it, where GM tries to buy it out from one of the dealers that have them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not a mechanic, so forgive me for my lack of technical knowledge. I don't think it's either side. It's where the drive axle is connected to the front end....it's right in the middle. It broke loose and was hanging down.

I'm in Canada by the way.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That would be the intermediate drive shaft. Looks like stock is good in Lansing. Not sure how that effects canadian dealers though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I forgot to mention this earlier....the local GM dealership (Western GMC) completed a full "Out-of-Province" inspection about 6 days before this happened. I'm not sure if they may have loosened something or not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts