GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finish talking to one of the dealer in my area and he stated that the brick red interior is discontinued as of now.....
Any inputs? ???

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
The online order guide says Brick interior is still available, however there is this note:

Week of 12/24/2007
Effective 12/24/2007, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Color and Trim section-Deleted (94U) Platinum Ice Tricoat, entirely. Also, deleted footnote 2 and footnote 3 entirely. Also, changed footnote on (98U) White Diamond Tricoat to footnote 1.

And I found this as well:

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 98U White Diamond Tri-Coat Paint(Highly Constrained - Long Term) 98U White Diamond is reinstated.

It appears GM has dropped the Platinum Ice and reinstated the White Diamond exterior in limited numbers for the remainder of the 2008 model year.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joemac said:
Well a trip over to GMC.com indicates brick red is still available.
yeah i know, i was afraid its a dealer inside info... i contacted my previous dealer and he said its still available.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hope they do not discontinue it as I love the brick. I get more compliments on the brick leather then any other single thing about the vehicle. I will switch to the Enclave in the future if they discontinue the brick, as for me the brick was something unique that the Enclave or the Outlook did not have. With the brick gone, I would go with the Enclave as it is a much more quiet ride.

·
Registered
533 Posts
GeoHawk -

"The online order guide says Brick interior is still available, however there is this note:

Week of 12/24/2007
Effective 12/24/2007, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

Color and Trim section-Deleted (94U) Platinum Ice Tricoat, entirely. Also, deleted footnote 2 and footnote 3 entirely. Also, changed footnote on (98U) White Diamond Tricoat to footnote 1.
And I found this as well:

2008 Acadia TR14526, TV14526 98U White Diamond Tri-Coat Paint(Highly Constrained - Long Term) 98U White Diamond is reinstated.

It appears GM has dropped the Platinum Ice and reinstated the White Diamond exterior in limited numbers for the remainder of the 2008 model year."[/color]

Do you suspect that GM may be thinking of eliminating these color options (White Diamond / Plat. Ice)? I'm hoping to order one in a couple of months. I like the White Diamond Tri-Coat, and have yet to see a Plat. Ice on a dealor lot to compare. Now it wouldn't break my heart if they swapped the Brick interior for a tan / cashmere like the Enclave offers!

Smooth <><

·
Registered
154 Posts
I find it hard to believe they wouldn't offer some variation on a white tri-coat. Very profitable. But it does constrain output, as it requires at least one extra trip through paint, maybe two.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Smooth said:
Do you suspect that GM may be thinking of eliminating these color options (White Diamond / Plat. Ice)? I'm hoping to order one in a couple of months. I like the White Diamond Tri-Coat, and have yet to see a Plat. Ice on a dealor lot to compare. Now it wouldn't break my heart if they swapped the Brick interior for a tan / cashmere like the Enclave offers!

Smooth <><
I doubt there would be any Plat. Ice vehicles out there as it was not supposed to be phased in until Jan. 08. As for GM continuing to offer a "tri-coat" paint color, I really have no information to speculate one way or another. However, if you are interested in ordering a White Diamond Acadia, I would consider doing it sooner than later as this paint option is highly constrained and it may take awhile to be built (i.e. considerably longer than ordering one with a regular paint scheme).

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mkaresh said:
Sounds like they've got a bottleneck in the paint shop.
when your looking at 3 fast selling vehicle build together in a single plant, a bottleneck in the paint shop is the least of the problem!!!!! :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
When you're trying to maximize production, a bottleneck is more relevant. If the paint shop is the limiting factor, they've essentially got to choose between producing one tri-coat Lambda and two or three regular Lambdas. I think we're seeing their choice here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts