GMC Acadia Forum banner

Brand spankin' new

7K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  DSNY FN 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll. I'm a new Acadia owner with less than a week in the pilot's seat. I couldn't be happier to be an owner of this vehicle and look forward to many years on the forum.

I've attached a couple of photos in case you'd like to see my gal.[/color]

:thumb:
[/color]

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Great choice on the color! I hope to be as happy as you are in about 3~4 days! Looks real nice.
I agree it is a great colour choice and I can't wait to also be as happy in about 3 weeks time when we take delivery of ours.

#6 ·
NEW PHOTOS OF MY BABY FROM A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA!

Set 1 of 3, taken Sep. 14, 2008...

Attachments

#7 ·
NEW PHOTOS TAKEN TODAY, Set 2 of 3...

Attachments

#8 ·
LAST SET OF PHOTOS TAKEN TODAY

Attachments

#11 ·
Ok I have to ask what is with the paper liscence plates you guys get on your new vehicles? Our new cars either get our plates transfered over from our current vehicle or a new set from the MTO upon pickup. There is no temp paper thing that gets attached to our vehicles just our Ontario or whatever province metal plates. The dealer takes the new vehicle and gets the registration updated with your info on the ownership and the ministry issues a new set of plates or you transfer your old plates to the new vehicle.

#12 ·
In Florida, dealers or tax collectors can issue temporary (paper) tags. These are used in a variety of situations, usually where the sale is outright and no trade-in was done, so there is no metal tag to transfer (tags stay with the person, not the vehicle- although some states are different, eh? Another scenario is someone that bought a car from an individual and needs to register/tag it to drive it home, really the same as the first since they don't have a metal tag either.

If we "discover" our Acadia tomorrow at the dealer in Jacksonville, we would need to get a paper tag since the metal one is at home.

#13 ·
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
In Florida, dealers or tax collectors can issue temporary (paper) tags. These are used in a variety of situations, usually where the sale is outright and no trade-in was done, so there is no metal tag to transfer (tags stay with the person, not the vehicle- although some states are different, eh? Another scenario is someone that bought a car from an individual and needs to register/tag it to drive it home, really the same as the first since they don't have a metal tag either.

If we "discover" our Acadia tomorrow at the dealer in Jacksonville, we would need to get a paper tag since the metal one is at home.
Interesting as all our vehicles new or used HAVE to get new metal plates. HTe only difference is if you buy something you can get a 10 day temp permit (the vehicle still needs to be insured) you get this to move the vehicle from hom eto the different places it needs to go to get work done and a safety so the car can then legaly get a metal plate. But with new and used cars up here you buy the vehicle you go to the MTO and register it to your name then transfer or are issued a new metal plate.

#14 ·
Dmajr,

Congrats on your new Acadia. It looks beautiful, and the 19" wheels look swell! Enjoy that new ride!

Smooth <><[/color]

#15 ·
DSNY, Florida requires metal plates too...eventually. And, interestingly, we have over 100 different metal plate designs to choose from. The temporary tags are used for the 1-30 day interim between buying the car and receiving the registration and metal plate in the mail. Since dealers collect our initial title & registration fees at the time of sale, they take care of sending in the paperwork to the state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The temporary tag is designed to deal with red-tape and backlog in processing registrations. For instance, I bought my car on Sep. 1, but still haven't received my title or registration in the mail yet. I did go onto the Florida DMV website, though, and found out that my title was issued on Fri. Sep. 12, so I suspect the registration will be in the mail very soon, if not already. Hope that answers your question.

#16 ·
Dmajr,
Your Acadia simply looks beautiful! Congrats on your choice of color as well. You should be working for GM as a photographer given the way you set up your shots. They could go into an Acadia print advertising campaign. ;D

Enjoy! :thumb:

#17 ·
dmajr said:
DSNY, Florida requires metal plates too...eventually. And, interestingly, we have over 100 different metal plate designs to choose from. The temporary tags are used for the 1-30 day interim between buying the car and receiving the registration and metal plate in the mail. Since dealers collect our initial title & registration fees at the time of sale, they take care of sending in the paperwork to the state's Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The temporary tag is designed to deal with red-tape and backlog in processing registrations. For instance, I bought my car on Sep. 1, but still haven't received my title or registration in the mail yet. I did go onto the Florida DMV website, though, and found out that my title was issued on Fri. Sep. 12, so I suspect the registration will be in the mail very soon, if not already. Hope that answers your question.
Cool our dealers up here deal with all teh registration stuff unless you didn't buy it from them but then you need to make a trip to the MTO. Your car can't leave the lot till it has a registered plate on it and they are all metal. You can't even pick it up till the dealer goes to the MTO and registers the vehicle and gets the plates for it or atleast registers the plate transfer from your old vehicle.

#18 ·
New Florida license plate arrived in the mail last week. It looks great on the Deep Blue Metallic paint....

Attachments

#19 ·
dmajr said:
New Florida license plate arrived in the mail last week. It looks great on the Deep Blue Metallic paint....
I like the shark icon ours up here are just basic white background and blue lettering. ours are both personalised on teh car and the van (soon to be Acadia) our car is DSNY FN and the truck/van is WELVDSNY. If you get personalised plates id it a one time fee for them and then you own them or do you have to turn them back in? Up here when we got out first ones 10 years ago it was 185 but you own them forever unless you decide to sell them our last ones were 285.00 but we also went from having 6 numbers/letters to 8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.