GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked up our new Acadia last week and upon taking delivery we noticed right away that the alignment was really off. The vehicle was a dealer trade so we never actually test drove the car until we drove it home. So it's been at the dealer for the past 2 1/2 days while they try and fix it, yes 2 1/2 days to fix the alignment! Originally we were told that everything checked out and was "within specs". We told them that we weren't coming down until it was fixed b/c something was obviously wrong. They had someone test drive it again, and they thought the vehicle was fine. So I go down there and take them for a test drive and repeatedly showed them how once you take your hands off the steering wheel the car changes lanes for you. So some other manager drove the car and agreed with us. They then took the car to an off-sight alignment shop. The same manager drove the car again and said it was still off. Now they're contacting GM in regards to the issue. Should I be concerned? If they can't fix it completely what would you do? Should I demand a new vehicle? Should I ask for my Denali back? Is this a common problem with the Acadia? Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I would tell them to keep it and get a different one. If you notice a problem with the vehicle as you drive it off the lot then you should not have to keep it.
Just my opinion. Good luck.
And,My alignment has been fine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
sorry about your problems, but yup, demand for a replacement specially if its taking a long time to fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
That sucks. If they cannot fix it, then I hope you get another one soon. My dealer forced me to take mine for a test drive before I signed the papers. I was thinking that if it was a brand new car, why should I drive it? Now I know to always test drive before signing any paperwork.

·
Registered
152 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I would tell them to keep it and get a different one. If you notice a problem with the vehicle as you drive it off the lot then you should not have to keep it.
Just my opinion. Good luck.
And,My alignment has been fine.
I am in full agreement. Hang in there and goodluck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. GM is sending "new" specs to the dealer today so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is dangerous!!! Sounds like an accident getting ready to happen. They should give you a free loaner, and if cannot fix in a month, replacement of equal too or greater than value and options.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Make me wonder why the original owner traded it in...wonder if he had the same problem? Either way, safety comes first.

Any responsible dealer/mechanic would not send back a customer's vehicle with a problem such as this.

Good luck and keep up the fight!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:
Make me wonder why the original owner traded it in...wonder if he had the same problem? Either way, safety comes first.

Any responsible dealer/mechanic would not send back a customer's vehicle with a problem such as this.

I don't think it was used, I think it was just traded between dealerships cause it had exactly what gmcul8r wanted as far as model, color and options. I could be wrong, but that is how I read it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You might want to find report on this vehicle if any can be found. Not sure if you will be able to find previous owner or how to go about it, but understand their is specific info that can be found on vehicles. Sorry to hear of your condition.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have the dealer run a Car-Fax report. It might have been in a accident.

·
Registered
284 Posts
bonk1313 said:
MedicRxDoc said:

I don't think it was used, I think it was just traded between dealerships cause it had exactly what gmcul8r wanted as far as model, color and options. I could be wrong, but that is how I read it.
Correct, a dealer trade means it was swapped between dealer lots (another dealer had it...their dealer gave them a vehicle in return).

That said, this should be fixable and not baffling to the extent that it takes more than a day to straighten out. Most vehicles are sensitive to the crown of the road and will naturally go to the one side on most roads, but certainly shouldn't tug or turn themselves in another direction.

Have you tried another on the lot to be 110% sure of this problem, or at least have a better point of comparison in making your point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct, the vehicle was a brand new vehicle from another dealers lot. Never registered, and with 200 miles on it (including the 60 mile drive from other dealer).

I have test drove another Acadia and there is something definitely wrong with mine. They were unable to fix it on Friday and gave me an excuse that GM hasn't released the correct specification for this vehicle.
Something to do with the specific toe to go along with the camber and caster, or whatever.

I have asked for another Acadia or my Denali back and I should know more today. The dealership has been very helpful, but I find it pathetic that they had my car for 3 1/2 days and were unable to fix an alignment! Thanks for all your thoughts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
have them rotate/CHANGE the tires if they haven't already...........maybe that simple

otherwise, pick out a new replacement ! Already paid for a new one and that's all Your asking for.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
shot_1 said:
have them rotate/CHANGE the tires if they haven't already...........maybe that simple

otherwise, pick out a new replacement ! Already paid for a new one and that's all Your asking for.

Good Luck
Good point shot. We had a brand new set of Michelins on our old Odyssey with one tire bad that made the van pull to the left pretty hard. The alignment was spot on so we tracked the pulling problem down to the bad tire which was replaced.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I also had a bad new tire on a front wheel drive car and it pulled to one side like crazy. The dealer tried alignment twice and nothing helped. When the tires were replaced I never had the problem again.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Thanks for correcting me on the dealer trade thing.

Could a off-balance wheel cause this? I would think there would be more noise and not just a pull. How about Hunter Road Force balancing to check?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The dealer had already tried rotating and rebalancing the tires (btw it's AWD), but I guess I still could have a bad tire that is going undetected. They are setting us up w/ another Acadia off their lot to drive while ours is getting fixed (dealing w/ Enterprise and their POS Grand Am was a joke!) and they are taking it to a local Cadillac dealership who is suppose to have a better alignment machine. I am starting to lose faith in the possibility of this being corrected.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Montana when I put new tires on. With brand new tires it pulled really bad. Eventually the found tht there was 1 bad tire and once replaced, the problem was fixed.

Good Luck!! Let us know what they find.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts