GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brake make noice (like someone blow whistle) when you push the brake padel quickly, but it will be quiet after drive 10 or 15 minutes.
Does anyone knows that or has same experience?

·
Registered
41 Posts
QQ said:
Brake make noice (like someone blow whistle) when you push the brake padel quickly, but it will be quiet after drive 10 or 15 minutes.
Does anyone knows that or has same experience?

Interesting. I just noticed what seems to be the exact same thing this past week. I happened to be taking the Acadia to the dealer for a "squeak" issue with the driver's door on tomorrow. I will be bringing up the "brake whistle" issue as well. Will report back soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mumford, seems you have the same problem ("brake whistle"), wish your dealer can find and fix this problem, and see your report soon.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
QQ said:
Hi Mumford, seems you have the same problem ("brake whistle"), wish your dealer can find and fix this problem, and see your report soon.

Thanks
QQ,

Went to the dealer and they acknowledged the problem and determined that I needed to have a part replaced. Unfortunately I did not get the specific information about the part when I was told that they needed to order it. :banghead:

At any rate, I would take it back to the dealership and have them perform an assessment. Hopefully they will draw the say conclusion that my dealer did and simply replace the part that's causing that weird sound.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mumford,

I just want to the dealer today, yes, I needed to have a part replaced as well, the part name call BRAKE BOOSTER ( from repost), unfortunately they have to order one from factory.... That will take few days or over a week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
QQ said:
Mumford,

I just want to the dealer today, yes, I needed to have a part replaced as well, the part name call BRAKE BOOSTER ( from repost), unfortunately they have to order one from factory.... That will take few days or over a week.
Good deal. :thumb: Will give an update when I get that part replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my '07 Acadia in the shop for the third time with this problem. First time they sprayed it down with silicon. To no avail it got worse, second time they replaced the whole brake pedal assembly. The third time they said it was the brake booster. They ordered the part and it took two weeks to receive, They took the defective booster off of the car and tried to repalce it with the new? one. Then they called me and told me that the new one was broken. GMC told my dealer that there were no parts in their parts supply. I contacted GMC and they told me that I needed to understand that this was a "very popular" product and the soonest that they would have any replacement parts would be Nov. 26. The dealer had my car for 8 days and I raised enough stink that they put my old part back on. Last evening I went out to an event and the "Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrak" lights keep flashing and when I tried to call OnStar to run a diagnosis on the problem they were out of service with techincal problems. I am ready invoke the "Lemon Law"

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine's starting to make a little squeek...here we go. ::)

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Outlook has the squishy/squeak noise as well. It goes away after 5 minutes. The brakes don't seem to be affected in any way.

The service dept has opened a TAC case (whatever that means) and contacted the engineers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My acadia has replaced the brake booster two days(also wait over a week), but it does not fix the problem, the technician want to show this problem to his boss who could make decision to oder one more and to try agin or not........seems no one knows what exactly the problem from (suppose the dealer has to contact to GMC), what is the quality control?

Yes, Garo1943, it seems "very popular".

Scotted73, it will come more, my acadia did same as your Outlook, from 5 min, 10 min and 30 min now.....

( the brake works fine, and safe i believe)

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a Preliminary Information Bulletin (Document #2038483) dated November 15, 2007 for "Squeak Noise On Brake Apply".  The procedure described to correct the problem is to change out the brake fluid with a different type. 

There is also a Preliminary Information Bulletin (Document #2038033) dated November 13, 2007 for "Whine Noise Heard From The Power Steering Pump". The procedure described to correct the problem is to "Check for correct fluid level and adjust to Max mark. Then add additional 1.2 oz (35cc) of fluid. This will bring the fluid level 8 - 12 mm over the Max mark."

·
Registered
956 Posts
JimDandy said:
There is a Preliminary Information Bulletin (Document #2038483) dated November 15, 2007 for "Squeak Noise On Brake Apply". The procedure described to correct the problem is to change out the brake fluid with a different type.

There is also a Preliminary Information Bulletin (Document #2038033) dated November 13, 2007 for "Whine Noise Heard From The Power Steering Pump". The procedure described to correct the problem is to "Check for correct fluid level and adjust to Max mark. Then add additional 1.2 oz (35cc) of fluid. This will bring the fluid level 8 - 12 mm over the Max mark."
I had the whine in my steering pump and found the fluid was low. I filled the pump only to the full line and the whine has disappeared. I will now add a little more. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a noisy brake pedal and took it to the dealer. They said it was the brake booster and ordered the part. After several weeks the part arrived and was installed. Five minutes after picking up the vehicle after the repair, the warning chimes came on and the driver information said the traction control was off, several minutes later it said to service stabilitrak. I went back to the dealer and was told the new part is defective and will have to order a new booster. Don't they test a vehicle after a repair? The assured me that the vehicle is safe to drive. Several days after picking up the vehicle I almost rearended the car in front of me. The braking action of the vehicle is reduced and therefore not safe to drive. Another thing I noticed is the check engine light is now on. I am still waiting for the new part to come in. Will report back when new part gets installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts