GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We already posted this in the General Discussion Section, but it appears that either no one has the answer or it was just overlooked. We thought that maybe we originally posted it in the wrong place.

Hey you Technically Inclined Members of the Forum - we need your input.
When I first started on this forum and in the market for a new Acadia, I asked several questions about the interior room available on the driver's side. After reading some of the responses and actually trying out the seat, I learned that the Acadia offered more room with the 7-8 person seating and cargo capacity than any other vehicle in it's class or in the "luxury" class, i.e., BMW X-5, Mercedes-Benz GL 450/550 (well, at least they don't compare in price with similar options approaching over $70,000). The Acadia rides well, has all those appointments, albiet not as refined as it's competitors, but sufficient for the price/quality.

Ultimately, we chose the Acadia for a variety of reasons, but the deal breaker was the driver's seat leg room that I would need to operate it comfortably. I require a minimum of 41" inches in leg room (that figure is subjective, depending upon how you actually measure the distance from the hip to the floor/pedal) with the driver' seat moved to the rear of the track and right leg fully extended. Once I actually tried the Acadia, I discovered that the measured distance was just a little short for my tastes, as was the distance between the brake pedal and accelerator, and the distance of both pedals from the floor/end of travel when depressed.

Does anyone know if either pedal travel is adjustable? And, if so, does it change the performance or safety of that pedal?
Is there additional "travel" available along the seat track on the driver's side?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I do not know of any pedal adjustment or additional travel for the seat. That would suck if you don't fit in the Acadia as it really is a nice ride for the money. Good Luck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks anyway, GAR. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts