GMC Acadia Forum banner

Bought our 2008 Acadia AWD SLT-2 this past friday

8K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  jsimms 
#1 ·
Got it brand new still sitting on the dealers lot- probably because of the brick interior, but we are in love all over again.
2008 Acadia AWD SLT-2, White Diamond Tricoat/Brick

All the standard SLT-2 options, plus:

• 7 Passenger Seating
  • Hit the Road Package
  • Touch Screen Navigation
  • Dual Skyscape Sunroof
  • 19" Ultra Bright Aluminum Wheels
  • Entertainment System -DVD
  • HID Headlamps
  • Trailering Package
  • Technology Package (HUD & Cargo Area Audio Controls)
[br]
Good solid feel and handles great- very quiet inside, too. I'm a satisfied GM customer...seems like we can be counted on fingers and toes these days.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you get a really good deal because it was on 08? Sweet ride! :thumb:

#4 ·
Paid ~$38,900 for the truck before TTL, then they sold me the Hit the Road Package for cost and installed it for free.

#5 ·
STILL an 08 on the lot this late? That's nuts!! Good for you, deal wise, but that's hard to believe it was still there, the 09's have been around for about 8 months.

#6 ·
This was actually one of TWO Brand New 2008 SLT-2's on thier lot...double shell shock!

#7 ·
jkennedy78 said:
Paid ~$38,900 for the truck before TTL, then they sold me the Hit the Road Package for cost and installed it for free.
Nice color, nice price; the brick interior is not my favorite but overall that is a nice Acadia

#8 ·
Dude awsome ride :thumb: Did you make sure that your VIN# is out of the break point for the sunroof recall and the windshield wiper crank arm? Hopefully the dealer did all that back when the recall's first came out. I love the brick int, great choice :cheers:

#9 ·
09Enclave said:
STILL an 08 on the lot this late? That's nuts!! Good for you, deal wise, but that's hard to believe it was still there, the 09's have been around for about 8 months.
In our local paper this weekend I noticed LOTS of ads for brand new '08s of many different brands. I guess that's what happens when the economy goes from 15 million units sold/year to 10 million. Inventories get bloated before the manufacturers dial back production.

#10 ·
loach said:
09Enclave said:
In our local paper this weekend I noticed LOTS of ads for brand new '08s of many different brands. I guess that's what happens when the economy goes from 15 million units sold/year to 10 million. Inventories get bloated before the manufacturers dial back production.
Sometimes I kick myself for buying in Dec 08; the next month they started offering 0% on new one's; oh well at least I got Blue/Gold ;)

#11 ·
VERY nice ride! :thumb: I really like the brick interior with that color. Welcome to the forum and the Acadia family and thanks for being another GM owner! :cheers:

#12 ·
JKennedy78,

Very nice colors - especially the WDTri :thumb: Have fun & enjoy your new ride. You'll find lots to enjoy for a very long time.

Smooth[/color] <><

#13 ·
6Sixathome said:
Dude awsome ride :thumb: Did you make sure that your VIN# is out of the break point for the sunroof recall and the windshield wiper crank arm? Hopefully the dealer did all that back when the recall's first came out. I love the brick int, great choice :cheers:
More details please? Where do you go to check that out?

#15 ·
Congrats on your new Ride! You have the color combination my wife and I wanted. 2nd choice was Carbon Black with Brick int. Couldn't locate the either combinations in So Cal. We settled for Carbon Black on Black Int.

:welcome: :welcome:

#16 ·
Wow, lots of new Acadia owners around here (where have I been?). :cheers: It looks like 0% is getting some people to buy.

Love the basketball interior, but I'm a little partial to it anyway. ;)

Brick FTW!

#17 ·
GeoHawk said:
Wow, lots of new Acadia owners around here (where have I been?). :cheers: It looks like 0% is getting some people to buy.

Love the basketball interior[/color], but I'm a little partial to it anyway. ;)

Brick FTW!
Never thought of it that way, you made a funny :thumb:

#18 ·
Nice ride. Good luck with it. I like the 2008's 19's . :blob:

Bobby

#19 ·
I'm so old I had to look up what FTW meant.
Great looking ride, good luck and welcome. Great interior choice, just remember Brick interiors rule all the others, well you know!

#20 ·
mborden said:
Great looking ride, good luck and welcome. Great interior choice, just remember Brick interiors rule all the others, well you know!
Actually, I know what "FTW" means without googling it and I'm still puzzled as to how GeoHawk used it. LOL!

Maybe it has a hidden meaning that isn't as obvious.

There are a lot of new Acadia owners recently. They're starting to come out of the woodwork. Nothing wrong with that!

#21 ·
Web Raven said:
mborden said:
Actually, I know what "FTW" means without googling it and I'm still puzzled as to how GeoHawk used it. LOL!

There are a lot of new Acadia owners recently. They're starting to come out of the woodwork. Nothing wrong with that!
http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/blogchatinstantmessaging/f/whatisFTW.htm

Answer: In 2008, the most common meaning of "FTW" is "for the win", an Internet expression of enthusiasiam.

A la, Brick interior rules! ;)

#22 ·
GeoHawk said:
Web Raven said:
mborden said:

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/blogchatinstantmessaging/f/whatisFTW.htm

Answer: In 2008, the most common meaning of "FTW" is "for the win", an Internet expression of enthusiasiam.

A la, Brick interior rules! ;)
AH-HA! That makes total sense. I was thinking something entirely different. LMFAO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.