GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i find that the Bose system in my Acadia is a bit lacking. I have to crank the volume up and i find that the bass itself is less than adequate. So i find myself in a predicament; I have a alpine Type-R components front and rears, Apline type-R 10" sub and Apline 5 channel amp from my maxima. Looking at crutchfield, best buy audio guide, etc etc the speakers should be able to be installed in my Acadia. Since I have to go with the Factory navigation due to my rear entertainment i have 2 choices.

1. Factory Navi, installing a single den dvd in replacement of the AUX input in the rear, module to boost my bose speakers and adding the AMP and Subwoofer for the rear.

2. Factory Navi, Installing the single den dvd in the rear, replacing all my speakers to the type-r and adding the AMP and Sub.

I'm also looking at upgrading my lights to HID. i dind't want to pay the extra 500 bux from the factory when i can get it for 150.

i could have sworn there was a thread here about changing out the pre-installed AMP behind the dash but i can't find that thread.

what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm past the age of where I want to crank the AC/DC, Guns & Roses, MC Hammer, and C&C Music Factory...so in my opinion the Bose speakers are pretty good. I did have to crank the bass a bit more on the settings. However, the speakers do great for movies.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't think that you can get a "true" HID system for $150. I would very carefully check that out.

You probably have experimented with your fader control, but I have found it does help the bass.

The speakers really should be OK, for more bass you just need that big ol sub woofer in the back. I think kicker makes a sub/amplifier all in one combo. Crutchfield may carry it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
HID's have come down in price a lot. Xenon Depot who is a sponsor here was running a promo for around that price, maybe a hair more. HIDs are only bulb and ballast - its all a plug and play system. Your factory headlight pigtails plug right in to the system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it's a plug and play system the one that i am able to get it's the bulbs and ballists. i will post up pics after i install them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
poobah said:
it's a plug and play system the one that i am able to get it's the bulbs and ballists. i will post up pics after i install them.
Where are you getting them from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts