GMC Acadia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the location of the subwoofer is in the Acadia? My Acadia has not arrived yet, and I'm just curious... Thanks!
mcritter

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Illiniwek posted this in another thread about the fuse panel on the passenger side.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2496.0

I believe this is the subwoofer in the picture. It is in the underside of the dash in the passenger footwell area.
This picture is from illinwek, not me.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is not the subwoofer. It's the cover for the fan motor.
I disconnected the orange plug and the fan motor did not operate. Plugged it back in and the motor operates as usual.
To the right is a fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have an SLE without the BOSE and I do not have the bump below the glove box. It is flat, so I am pretty sure this is the subwoofer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is definantely the blower motor. I believe the subwoofer is located along the side of the vehicle back by the third row seat.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've sent Bose an E-mail requesting the location of the subwoofer. This way we'll get the correct scoop. Got an E-mail back saying they would send my answer in 1-2 business days.

·
Registered
752 Posts
You need to check earlier posts. Probably at least 4 months ago. Subwoofer definately in the front dash area. Its buried in the center of the car.
As proof turn up the bass really high and switch feeds from front to rear and you will easily hear the difference.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
jseck2 said:
I have an SLE without the BOSE and I do not have the bump below the glove box. It is flat, so I am pretty sure this is the subwoofer.
If it isn't the subwoofer and you don't have it on the SLE, would it have anything to do with the 3rd row climate control fan? Do you have the 3rd row climate?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ok, the SLE also doesn't have separate driver/passenger climate control. Maybe it's the passenger's blower motor?

·
Registered
812 Posts
never thought finding a subwoofer would be this troublesome. Did you guys find were the amps are located?

·
Registered
683 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The search is over.

Short story: For the Bose upgrade the subwoofer is in the center-console, under the gear shifter, about 8" forward. The amp is under the console near the drivers door.

I have an '08 SLE without the Bose upgrade. I want to add a subwoofer and better door speakers...but I don't want to have a box in the cabin NOR did I want to spend a lot of money on a customized solution...I'm a cheapskate. I wanted to find where the Bose subwoofer was located...google pointed me to this site and I read all the posts. Still not convinced I went to the dealership today...to see if I could hear/feel the speaker. I started at the back and the salesguy started at the front...he put in some rap CD with a lot of bass and we started looking. He thought he felt some air-flow coming from the center-console drivers side air vent...they're about mid shin level. I went to the passengers side and felt the same thing. He took me to the parts department and asked the old guy there. He brought up some windoze application and started searching for "subwoofer". He found it. It's a rather large box in the console. It's under the gear-shifter and forward about 8". It really is an interesting looking enclosure... The AMP is NOT there. The amp is located under the console near the driver's door. It was pretty small looking. The woofer enclosure was listed at $199. The application he was using showed an exploded diagram of the whole setup, drawn to some unprovided scale. I'm going to start with just upgraded door speakers...then we'll do some exploration to see how easy that woofer cavity is to access.

j

·
Registered
294 Posts
xseler said:
I've sent Bose an E-mail requesting the location of the subwoofer. This way we'll get the correct scoop. Got an E-mail back saying they would send my answer in 1-2 business days.
Hmm......, I'd actually forgotten about this post --- Bose never sent an E-mail back to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
geonjay said:
It really is an interesting looking enclosure... The AMP is NOT there. The amp is located under the console near the driver's door. It was pretty small looking. The woofer enclosure was listed at $199. The application he was using showed an exploded diagram of the whole setup, drawn to some unprovided scale. I'm going to start with just upgraded door speakers...then we'll do some exploration to see how easy that woofer cavity is to access.
Geonjay, did you ever get a chance to "explore" the woofer cavity? Also, after upgrading just the door speakers, do you mind sharing what you upgraded to and how they sound?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
jseck2 said:
This is proably for the 3rd "zone" for the trizone climate control.
Do you have dual zone or trizone climate?

Come to think of it, I test drove an SLE with dual zone, and I'm pretty sure it had the bump under the dash.
Can anyone clear this up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The hump under the pass side dash is the main blower motor, the rear auxiliary blower motor is located on the left side at the rear of the vehicle by the 3rd row seat. The subwoofer enclosure is located directly under the HVAC controls. The front center console must be completely removed to access the enclusure. The vent on the upper right of the console is the subwoofer vent. I am not sure why some people do not have the hump and others do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Illiniwek posted this in another thread about the fuse panel on the passenger side.
GMC Acadia Forum

I believe this is the subwoofer in the picture. It is in the underside of the dash in the passenger footwell area.
This picture is from illinwek, not me.
Your a ****in retard 😭😭😭thats the blower motor for your heat and ac😭😭😭 your subwoofer is under the center console

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Your a ****in retard 😭😭😭thats the blower motor for your heat and ac😭😭😭 your subwoofer is under the center console
Nice first post
This thread is 13 years old

·
Super Moderator
22,420 Posts
... your subwoofer is under the center console
This was clarified several posts later - also many years ago. Your reply was unnecessary, along with the vulgarity in it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.