GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Was just curious - for those of you who have the Bose stereo, how many pre-specified EQ settings do you have? Mine only shows "Manual" and "Talk Radio".... I would expect things like "Jazz", "Rock", "Orchestra", etc. I've heard of oddities with the stereos...not sure if this is one of them, or if mine works like everyone else's.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have the SLE, so I don't have the bose stereo system, but mine does have settings for Rock, Pop, Jazz, Country, etc. etc. and Custom. I just press the EQ button to access them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I noticed the same thing with mine Joe; I'll have to crack open the (.pdf) manual when I get home I guess.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For what it's worth, we have an '04 Trailblazer EXT with the Bose system. Our auto-EQ settings are "Normal", "Driver", "Rear", and "Spacious". Which was odd to me, as our previous GM stereos with EQ presets used to have Jazz, Pop, News, Classical, Rock, etc. You can adjust the bass and treble (and fade and balance) separately from those four auto-EQ settings.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I need to play with it more, but it looks like the NAV system lets you customize EQ for every favorite, with only one preset for "talk." I'll update as I learn more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have time to elaborate other than I noticed the same thing. There is an additional menu to adjust balance, bass, treble, etc. I can't recall right now how to get to it but I was able to make some adjustments.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mtsusean said:
I don't have time to elaborate other than I noticed the same thing. There is an additional menu to adjust balance, bass, treble, etc. I can't recall right now how to get to it but I was able to make some adjustments.
Yeah - thats how mine works, but it seems that what you set is what works under the "manual" setting. This leaves your own custom "manual" setting and "talk radio" as options...I don't mind too much, but would expect that it would have other EQ presets for different kinds of music (just about every other stereo deck does).

·
Registered
403 Posts
I noticed the same issue on a 2004 Yukon I drove before falling for the Acadia. Don't have mine in the garage yet to check out. Even my 99 Yukon has six settings. Weird. :sosad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I noticed the same thing last night and I'll have to admit I'm disappointed that a BOSE stereo only has manual and talk? Thats stupid. I noticed this last night as I was noticing my XM radio sounds strange.... really bassy i think. Not crystal clear digital as I expected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree with RME...a little dissapointed in the sound of the Bose 10 speaker sys. Its almost as if there is some other setting or button I've yet to find to make it sound clearer. Mt wife says it sounds "Hollow"...still love the vehicle.

The 2003 T&C we traded in for it had an 8 speaker Infinity system that sounded much better...who knows maybe this is a future TSB?????

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jackets1 said:
I agree with RME...a little dissapointed in the sound of the Bose 10 speaker sys. Its almost as if there is some other setting or button I've yet to find to make it sound clearer. Mt wife says it sounds "Hollow"...still love the vehicle.

The 2003 T&C we traded in for it had an 8 speaker Infinity system that sounded much better...who knows maybe this is a future TSB?????
Hollow is a great word to describe it.. thats exactly what it is. Not clear at all!!

DVDs sound good though, but XM sounds... well hollow!

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the same two EQ settings, I too would expect more settings. When playing a CD or through the MP3 player the sounds is much bolder than the XM, I would have thought that the XM would have better sound. Still good but not great like I would expect from a Bose system

·
Registered
261 Posts
"I have the same two EQ settings, I too would expect more settings. When playing a CD or through the MP3 player the sounds is much bolder than the XM, I would have thought that the XM would have better sound. Still good but not great like I would expect from a Bose system"

As far as XM goes, it depends on what channel your listening to. Overall, to me XM sounds great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
While there are only 2 choices using the EQ button, the Bose system has independent EQ settings for each INPUT to the radio.

For example, if you select a radio station, then push the "musical note" in the center of the right tuning control, a 3-band tone control appears and you can set Bass, Mid and Treble settings.

If you then select CD you can set different settings for that input.

The same is true for AUX.

I only use the TALK setting when using onstar or the Verizon phone...otherwise it uses the Radio settings which are often muffled sounding.

·
Registered
151 Posts
little bit off topic, but does anyone have a 6 Disc changer with their Bose stereo? The windows sticker for my Acadia states that I have a 6 disc changer but I think I only have a single disc because I can only load one CD. Are there any markings on 6 Disc cd players that distinguish them from the single discs?

Ryan

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have the Bose 6 CD changer ...so to see if you do too, with one CD loaded, press the load button again, and see if it prompts you for another CD. The display then changes to show Disk1 and 2, and the 2 will blink until the CD is loaded.

·
Registered
151 Posts
bobboots said:
I have the Bose 6 CD changer ...so to see if you do too, with one CD loaded, press the load button again, and see if it prompts you for another CD. The display then changes to show Disk1 and 2, and the 2 will blink until the CD is loaded.
Bob, thanks for the comments, I will check for the load button tonight. I don't think i have one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
XM never sounds as good as CD, DVD or even local FM. The frequency response has to be compressed due to satellite bandwidth limits or something like that. OTOH, Sirius is worse in that regard - more tinny compared to XM.

·
Registered
497 Posts
With experience of 2 Bose surround systems at home, and 3 cars that have had Bose, IMO, the Acadia Bose is a top rate system. [My Acadia has NAV, DVD, and Bose 5.1]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts