GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This topic is a little different than some of the others, so here goes.

Our Graco booster seat is molded in such a way, that the back of the base has a piece of plastic that is so close to the buckle receptacle that I really can't get the buckle in or out of it! Mostly because the Acadia's buckle receptacle is fairly rigid (I guess they have to be with Captain's chairs!).

Anyone with this issue, or any idea? I may just have to return it for another type of booster seat!

Thanks for any help you may have.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the Graco Safeseat booster seats for my kids, one has backless, the other has the one with a back. I have noticed that the bucket seats in the middle are a little narrow for the booster seat, the buckle forces you to push the booster seat just slightly to the side and it leans a little, but it's minor, maybe half an inch.

I've also noticed the middle third row seat is very narrow and a booster seat doesn't fit there very well. It's too bad because that's my daughter's favorite spot in the truck! :-\

·
Registered
111 Posts
We have the Graco booster with a back as well. It was a little tight to buckle in the captain's chairs at first, but I kept adjusting it around to find the perfect fit and now it works great. My 4-year old can actually buckle it herself.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ladies for your replies. Sorry it took me so long to thank you! I will try your suggestions and hope I can maneuver it as you did, to work out. I have a back up Evenflo booster seat, BUT, there are no LATCH straps that come with it. It is simply a booster where you buckle the child in with the seat belt. I'm sure most are like that, but I sure am loving the extra protection of the LATCH holding down the seat.

·
Registered
389 Posts
We use the Britax parkway booster (has a back, belt guide style, no harness, no latch) had no issues during our 2 day test drive. I like that it isn't "latched" down - we can move it in and out so easily because older kids go with friends and carpools so often.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My daughter had trouble buckling her Graco booster in the right rear seat but the left rear seat has a more flexible receptacle and she has no problem there.

My son has no issues buckling his Graco booster in the 2nd row driver's side bucket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts